LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Communicating to an Instrument

Hello,

I use the Measurement and Automation Explorer to communicate to the Network Analyzer E5230, the IDN query works good and also returns a valid result. I have implemented the same in the LabVIEW through VISA, it also returned the same result. But now, when I open the MAX again after executing in the LabVIEW, it throws an error 

Error Description :

"  iberr = EADR

EADR is an addressing error that occurs when the specified instrument's address is the same as the GPIB interface's address.  By default the GPIB interface uses primary address 0.  All devices connected to that interface must NOT use this address.

The GPIB Communicator should only be run from within the Measurement and Automation Explorer. "

After this the LabVIEW code is also throwing an error and the instrument is not responding, untill I restart the LabVIEW and MAX.  I have checked the primary address of the instrument wich is not same as the GPIB address.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,452 Views)

I'm guessing you're using GPIB commands.  One thing to check is to see if both devices are set as "master" devices.  Usually LabVIEW GPIB is set as "Master" and the devices are set to "Slave." And all the regular stuff, checking the cable, length of all the cables for all the devices, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,381 Views)