From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Property Node (arg 8) in VISA Configure Serial Port

Solved!
Go to solution

@ncm wrote:

RavensFan - I have the NI brand of USB to RS232 and installed NI Serial.  Is there another driver that I might need?  The only thing that is not NI is the USB hub.  Should I get rid of the flow control too for the NI brand of stuff? (I have the flow control at default, 0)

I have not used any NI brand of serial ports so I can't reply with certainty.  But if you have VISA, and NI-serial, it seems like you should have all the drivers you need.

I would assume that the NI serial ports know how to handle flow control properties.  So having it set for a default of 0 or none should be just fine.  The serial port should be able to understand that property node and that value.  The default should be none even if you don't explictly set the flow control within the serial port configure.  (That or it should get the property from the Windows device manager.)  So you can try to eliminate that property node and see if things start working.  But it seems like that error message is a symptom of a larger problem.  And I'd still point to the USB hub as being the center of the problem.

I'm sorry I don't have any better answer that will be able to solve your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(2,695 Views)

Error -1073807202 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Device.lvlib:Serial Open.vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Device.lvlib:Initialize Device.vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Initialize.vi->LMH-LINX.lvlib:Open Serial.vi->LINX - Blink (Simple).vi

I need your help

I am unable to communicate to the Arduino COM port from LABVIEW

Khan111_0-1576479312478.png

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(2,163 Views)

In what relation is your question to the original thread? To which post do you refer to?

You should open a new thread with a clear description, what you have done so far and a clear question. Thsi makes it by far more likely to get an appropriate answer.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(2,154 Views)