From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:Missing DAQmx VIs in EXE running on development PC

I'm not Yamaeda, but I can answer the question he asked -- you have three VIs, Screen-1, Screen-2, and Screen-3, and you are calling them using VI Server (the Run VI method).  

I admit that I do not have the patience to try to figure out what you are trying to do with your code.  I fail to understand the logic behind the three VI's mentioned above, nor why they seem to be calling each other and then closing their own Front Panels.  You appear to not understand the idea of Data Flow, judging from having a completely unnecessary and obfuscating Stacked Frame in each of these three VIs, and not following the principle of "The Error Line Runs Through It").

I suppose it is possible that this is a very early stage of a much more complicated piece of software having three semi-independent pieces, only one of which has meaningful code at the present.  If this is the case, I suggest writing the three pieces as stand-alone code, then writing "One VI to start them all, One VI to bind them, One VI to rule them all and at the right time, Stop Them.  In Austin, where NI dwells ..." (sorry, got carried away ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(466 Views)

Followup to my previous post (and apologies -- I'm "on the road" with intermittent Web access ...).

I noticed that you describe running LabVIEW 2015 x64.  As I recall, 64-bit LabVIEW is not quite as robust as 32-bit LabVIEW.  I, myself, have never installed it -- instead, I do what probably the majority of LabVIEW users do and install 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows OS machines.  In my case, this is LabVIEW 2016 (32-bit) on Windows 10 x64 on my laptop ("this machine"), and LabVIEW 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016 (all 32-bit) on Windows 7 x64 on my work desktop.  Never had problems building and running Executables (that weren't due to really stupid mistakes, obvious when first run thanks to the Error Line).  I've even run these routines on other PCs (particularly the ones that don't depend on attached hardware) after installing the 32-bit Run Time Engine for the appropriate version of LabVIEW on those other PCs.

So here are some suggestions:

• Build yourself a simple(r) routine that does not require VI Server.  Perhaps write a stand-alone routine that does the DAQmx stuff you want to do.
  • Test it in Development Mode.  Get it to work there.
  • Build an Executable.
  • Reboot, and test the Executable.
  • If it works, start (slowly) adding to it to begin working toward the functionality you seem to need with your three-screen version.  [Maybe even better -- think about what you really want to do and try to develop a more straight-forward way of doing it, as hinted by my comments in the previous post].
  • If it fails, then you are actually in a better place, as it suggests your LabVIEW installation may be at fault.  Here's one way to improve it (but it will take some time):
    • Open Control Panel, go to National Instruments, and Uninstall everything!
    • Reboot.
    • Get the Installation Media or Downloads for 32-bit LabVIEW.  Also get the Device Drivers for the same Version of LabVIEW (2015?) that you are installing.
    • Install LabVIEW and the minimum set of other Modules and Toolkits that you require.
    • Reboot.
    • Install the Device Drivers.  Note that if the Installation Setup has you specifying everything all at once at the beginning (my USB-key-Distro does this), you can skip the Reboot in the previous step.
    • Reboot.
    • Start LabVIEW and configure it (Tools, Options) to suit your Work Flow.
    • Now test your Software with a "clean" installation of LabVIEW.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(459 Views)