LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error List as txt file

I suppose you could use a case statement with a case for each of your error codes and use the error ring to generate a corresponding error code.  That's like what you want to do.  Use the error ring to select the error you want to generate.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(585 Views)

@billko wrote:

I suppose you could use a case statement with a case for each of your error codes and use the error ring to generate a corresponding error code.  That's like what you want to do.  Use the error ring to select the error you want to generate.

The problem with that is that it is extremely difficult to cover all errors.  That's why I recommended the Create Error From Error Code and then use the General Error Handler to do the actual looking up of the error code for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(577 Views)

I see.  I was thinking that he just needed a few error codes - but your solution is much more scalable.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(560 Views)

Hey ph1,

i found something in our support portal, which might help you with your problem. I attach the document. 

I hope that will help you with your problem. 

Best regards 

Dominik 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(531 Views)

Hi Dominik,

oh, those were the days! 😄

1997 edition of LabVIEW error codes. Wow! (I guess the changes are rather small in the last 17 years.)

Did I mention the LabVIEW help before? Something like the list of VISA error codes?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(526 Views)

i found something in our support portal, which might help you with your problem. I attach the document. 

Hello Dominik,

I have found this document, too, some times ago but where "discourages" by it's age.

EPH

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(497 Views)

Did I mention the LabVIEW help before? Something like the list of VISA error codes?

Hello GerdW,

after an intensive search in the help (I don't now, why it is so confusing) I was able to find the VISA-Error-codes there. This works fine. To my luck I only need the VISA-codes and not all the others...

EPH

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(493 Views)