LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 314004

Hi all, I was using one of the example codes and was applying it to a Real-Time target (another computer). Basically, the RT is sending some wave function values and the code (on the host computer) uses a network stream to read those values. I have a Network Stream Reader endpoint with writer url in the format //IPAdressofRT/endpoint_name. My question comes here. What is the name of the endpoint? Usually I have a Writer endpoint somwhere else (I use the Writer endpoint's name as the endpoint name), but I have never read directly from an RT before. I keep getting an error #314004: 

LabVIEW could not create the endpoint within the timeout period. Ensure that you specify the URL of a remote endpoint with the reader url terminal of the Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint function or the writer url terminal of the Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint function.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,095 Views)

Hello Quincy123,

The reader that you have in the code is looking for a writer at 128.83.154.116 named ‘writter’. The Create network stream writer endpoint which is reading the stream must be named ‘writer’ in the writer name input and the machine must have the IP address 128.83.154.116. Also, you have the timeout set to one second and thus must start both the writer and the reader within one second of each other otherwise the timeout error will occur. Try setting the timeout to -1 and verify that you have correctly labeled the writer endpoint and the reader endpoint. Lastly which examples were you using?

I hope this helps.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,063 Views)

Hi Wear, 

Thank you for the reply. I was used the "Getting Started" Example. I must apologize, the writer url I used was arbitrary. The IP address is correct, but I used "writer" because I wasn't really sure what to do. Also, there is no Endpoint Stream Writer endpoint, only the reader. The reader is supposed to pick up input directly from the RT machine with the specified IP address. I have a pdf explaining his example, I will attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,051 Views)

Hey Quincy123,

The VI shown uses a Creates Network Stream Reader Endpoint named ‘HostDataReader’ which will try to connect to a Create Network Stream Writer located at the IP address 128.83.154.116 named ‘writer’. The RT VI must have a Create Network Stream Writer named ‘writer’. Here is a link that shows the two ways to connect network stream endpoints. I would suggest checking the Real-time subVI that is creating the Writer Endpoint and verifying that the endpoint is named correctly otherwise it will not connect.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,027 Views)

Hi Wear,

I just checked the RT vi and verified that the endpoints are matched correctly (names and all). I'm still getting the same error. I noticed also that the RT main vi has an error creating the writer endpoint. I'm beginning to suspect something bigger is causing these problems, but I'm really not sure. There should be no reason that a Labview example doesn't work properly. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,013 Views)

Hey Quincy123,

What version or LabVIEW are you using? I tested the example in LabVIEW 2012 and it worked correctly. Verify that you have connected to the target in your project explorer. Also, the program will throw the error 314004 error if you do not specify a target URL on the front panel of the Windows Main.vi. 

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,002 Views)

Hi Wear,

I am also running LabView 2012. I always make sure the RT is connected, so it can't be that. I've specified the url in Windows Main also. Still getting 314004.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,975 Views)

Hey Quincy123,

What RT device are you using? Also verify that the RT target has the Network Streams software installed. You can see this in Measurement and Automation Explorer under Remote Systems » Target » Software.

Wear
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,946 Views)

Hi Wear,

Turns out the Network Stream wasn't installed. Thank you so much! I will make sure to be more careful in the future.

Many many thanks!

Message 9 of 10
(4,920 Views)

Hi, same issue here 😞

Labview 2013

cFP-2200

Network Stream 1.3 Installed

I'm using the Getting started prj from template without any modification.

The target is installed and running, I am able to connect to the remote panel and to launch a debug session.

The problem arises when I try to connect to the remote vi and the error message is:

-314004 - Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint in Windows.lvlib:Update Windows Stream.vi->Windows Main.vi

No problem if the target vi (Real-Time Main.vi) runs on localhost.

Any idea?

Tnx

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,612 Views)