LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 1172 Constructor Node

Hello all,

I got a slight problem with a constructor node. In one of my sub-VIs I call a .DLL (ILAS.HeadLess.dll) in order to bring up a UI of some 3rd party hardware (See Error 1172.jpg). The problem is, when the assembly is called, I get an Error 1172 which says it can't find "ILASLIB.dll" which is a seperate .DLL (See 1172 msg.jpg). From what I understand, ILAS.Headless.dll needs ILASLIB.dll to work. But what I don't understand is why the file can't be found (Le fichier spécifié est introuvable) since all the .DLLs that are needed are in the same directory.

A workaround that I found was calling each .DLL with a constructor node one by one to be sure every .DLL needed was loaded before calling ILAS.HeadLess.dll. But I think it looks messy.

Do any of you have other suggestions to avoid getting Error 1172?

Thanks in advance,

Samuel Tod

Other Info:

OS = Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Labview version = 2011 32bit

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,376 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,323 Views)

Hi Pierre Denis,

The first link implies that I should have all the DLLs needed in the same directory. In my case, I already have all the DLLs required, I copied the whole folder containing the program I wanted to run though LabVIEW (see img1.jpg)

The sub-vi I'm running is FRAP_Laser_Calibration and the DLL I'm calling is ILAS.HeadLess. Theres a function in that DLL that calls the UserInterface of the Executable ILAS.exe.

Another bit of information that might help: I have the same sub-vi and DLLs running on an other machine (running also XP SP3 and LV2011 32bit). BUT, the Invoke Node gives me more options with the SAME DLL than the other PC!

I'm really quite lost 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,300 Views)

Bumping the thread.

I attached an image showing what I mean by the extra option on one of my PCs (named PC2 for reference). See PC1vsPC2.jpeg

Could this have something to do with Microsoft's .NET Framework version? Both of the PCs are running XP SP3 and LV2011. Both sub-VIs are running the same DLL file.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,249 Views)

OK, I found out what was going wrong.

Firstly, I was starting the program by starting up the main VI, and not by going through the project I created. In consequence, not all the dependency DLLs were loaded. This fixed Error 1172 for me.

Secondly, the DLLs I was provided where not correct, I contacted the supplier for the most up to date, and everything is fine now.

Lastly, when using the constructor node, if you change the selected file by one of the same name (example:Me comparing all the ILAS.Headless.dlls I had) LabVIEW does not update the functions listed in the Invoke Node.

I hope this helps someone if ever they fall into the same problem I had.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,177 Views)