LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 0xBFFF0011 Manual TCPIP Connect

Julian,

I just checked out the Software tab, and it looks like both NI drivers you mentioned are installed and up to date.

I went to the professor in charge of the research project I am assisting. He thinks that MAX is unable to connect to the device because another program is connected to and trying to read the COM port (even though I have tried exiting out of the other programs that access the device, being the compiler and a TI-provided GUI). He walked me through uninstalling the driver in Device Manager:

Ports (COM & LPT) ---> MSP430 Application UART (COM3) ---> Properties --->Driver --->Uninstall

When MAX started returning the error messsage, I would uninstall the driver, remove the device from the USB port, and plug it back in. This worked alone the first couple of times. Afterwards, I would have to repeat this process 2 or 3 times to remedy the error. Now I am back to square one, these steps do not fix anything anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,442 Views)

Hi there,

Try this, and let me know if you already have:

In NI MAX, go to Tools>>NI-Serial>>Recover Unused COM Ports

Often when a COM Port used, it can stay unusable even though it is no longer actually in use.  This tool will recover those ports and make them usable again.

Julian R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,425 Views)

Since NI-Serial is only applicable if you are using an NI serial device and the error code has nothing to do with another program using the serial port, I think you are just going around in circles. You can safely unistall NI-Serial. I would then recomend you check with windows device manager to see what driver is installed for the USB port you have this device connected to. It should also appear in MAX as a Com port. Unless it is shown there, it does not make any sense to try any LabVIEW program. Also make sure any power conservation is turned off for the USB hub you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,417 Views)

Dennis,

All power conservation has been turned off to all USB ports as an earlier troubleshooting step

Windows Device Manager shows the device under the "Ports (COM & LPT)" group. My laptop does not have any physical serial ports, so the only time I can see this group is when the device is plugged in.

I don't see where anything would "appear" in MAX. When I right-click on "Devices and Interfaces" and click "Create New...", I am able to create interfaces with ports on my computer that do not exist (COM 1 thru 8). However, when I assign an interface to the temporary COM port from plugging the device in, it works sometimes. The temporary COM port is always at COM 3 according to the Device Manager, so I know that it isn't changing on me. But the only reason I know it is there in MAX is because I set it up, and I can always see it in Device Manager whether or VISA will open.

I have also since tried the Tools --> NI-Serial --> Recover Unused COM Numbers (as an administrator), and I received a message that "All unused COM numbers were successfully recovered", yet I am still unable to open VISA

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,405 Views)

You do not do a Create New in order to get a com port listed in MAX. If there is not anything automatically listed under Devices and Interfaces, then I would suspect the windows driver for the virtual com port. There are some chip sets and drivers that do not work well with NI-VISA. Do you know what is being used with your hardware? Check with the vendor to see if they have an updated driver.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,398 Views)