LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code...0x8AB1023 Error Accessing Historical Database

Hi,

I have recently started development using LabView7.1 (DSC Module). There is a nice example in the Getting Started Manual showing Real Time Trending and Historical data view. I followed the development steps but running the VI given displays the error message. Error Code 0x8AB1023: Failed to map database file to shared memory. I have attached the screenshots of the error messages. The same error messages are displayed even if I run the DSC examples. I am new to Labview so cannot really figure out the reason

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,070 Views)
Where did you get such an old version of LabVIEW? What are the versions of your other components (i.e. Max)? What OS are you running it on?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,064 Views)

The organisation I work for is still using 7.1

The MAX version is 3.1 on Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,049 Views)
Find a new organization. They can't be at all interested in LabVIEW if that's the best that they can do.

LabVIEW 7.1 was released a long time before windows 7 and is not supported. You could try a current version of MAX but you are going to be on your own.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,044 Views)

Hello Nustian,

As Dennis said- LabVIEW 7.1 was released nearly ten years ago and is not supported on Windows 7; since the error you are getting appears to be related to file I/O, memory access, or a database driver, it's a good bet that something has changed in the OS that is affecting the examples you're trying to use.

If you do need to use LabVIEW 7.1 and MAX 3.1, you'll probably need to use an earlier version of Windows as well (XP SP1 or similar).  The software may be operable in Windows 7 compatability mode, but this isn't a recommended or supported configuration and there are probably going to be more problems down the road.

That being said, it looks like there is at least one (quite old) help document mentioning a similar error that you might want to take a look at:

KnowledgeBase 27PGKDJ6: Error Accessing Historical Database System Error from the LabVIEW DSC Engine

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4263DA141111EA2086256A1B00821611

Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,003 Views)

Gentlemen, there are good reasons to use older versions of LabVIEW.  I support code back to LabVIEW 7.1 almost every week.  In this industry (aerospace) our product life cycles are 30 years or more.

Let's say your fully validated and verified LabVIEW 7.1 code has survived a measurement system analysis and updating the documentation takes at least a week (Sad, but true).  You are not going to risk any of that simply to get the latest version of LabVIEW running on the equipment.

For the Windows 7 problem, I've had reasonable luck operating older LabVIEW versions in a virtual XP OS running on a Windows 7 computer.  File access seems a little slower, but acceptable.  It's probably because the program gets to the disk through two operating systems.  I haven't tried DAQ operations yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,968 Views)

Bottom line is that regardless of the pain involved, you only have 3 options:

1. Upgrade LV
  2. Downgrade the OS the code is running on (XP would work fine)
  3. Put up with an increasing number of failures from running an invalid combination of tools.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,958 Views)