cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -89215: occuring at DAQmx Start Task

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

Really need your help with this. I've combined two VIs that I have, one measures in cylinder pressure and the other measures time between encoder pulses. Both were perfectly well individually but when combined together, give me this error when I run the VI. I've attached the VI below and pics of the error. Can anyone shed light as to how I can fix this?

Both use encoder B pulses as external clock source and the Z signal as the trigger to start acquisition. 

Please help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,637 Views)

Also, I have a 6040E daq card that I use for the pressure acquisition part and a 6601 timing card that I use for the period measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reuvengomes

I posted an example in your other related thread which demonstrates how I would merge these two tasks.  Follow this link.

The error you're getting relates to an attempt to have one board use timing signals from the other board.  This can be done if you connect them via RTSI cable and then go to MAX to configure that RTSI connection.

Alternately, the post I linked should avoid that error b/c it assumed you'd use the counter(s) on the same 6040E card where you have your AI task. 

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 3
(2,584 Views)