From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 89131 while trying to analogue trigger with NI9205

Hi Guys,

I have an NI 9205 mounted in an NI cDAQ-9178 chassis which I'm trying to use to supply an analogue trigger to a data capture task I'm implementing. I followed the instructions in http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/851828B06A20E01B862571DA0005591A to set up the NI9205 to provide a digital trigger to a second input channel when the analogue level exceeds a certain threshold. However, when I run the vi I get the following error:

Error -89131 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

An attempt has been made to perform a route when the source and the destination are the same terminal.

In many cases, such as when configuring an external clock or a counter source, you must select a PFI, PXI Trigger, or RTSI line as the source terminal.

Property: Start.DigEdge.Src
Property: Start.DigEdge.Edge
Source Device: cDAQ1
Source Terminal: ai/StartTrigger

Task Name: _unnamedTask<31>

I'm not sure why this is happening, since I'm following the white paper instructions. Does anyone have any ideas? I've uploaded the VI for you to take a look at.

RB

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,208 Views)

Hi RottenBorough,

The error you are getting clearly refers to the ‘Start.DigEdge.Src’ property, which means the ‘DaqMx start trigger’ polymorphic VI is used in the ‘start digital edge’ configuration in your code. I could not find this VI used in this configuration in the file you have attached. Are you doing this in another part of your code? Also I have the following questions after going through your VI:

1) Is there any specifc reason why you are generating a counter pulse output and not using it? I feel you would not need this if you are just trying to trigger another task using analog triggering.

2) Also, I noticed that you have not used the cDAQ internal digital edge ( for eg: /cDAQ4/ai/Start Trigger) to trigger another task (as mentioned in the KnowledgeBase article).

One reason I can think of for this error is, you might be trying to set a source for your ‘DaqMx start trigger’ through the external terminal, while it has already been configured to use this source because of the option selected through the drop down arrow of this polymorphic VI. But as I have mentioned before, I do not see you setting up digital edge triggering in the code you have attached. It is worth checking if you are doing such a thing in another part of your code.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,124 Views)