From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 85 occurred at Scan From String (arg 1) in Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Error Query.vi

Currently I'm trying to measure data (Voltage, Current and Resistance) from my Keithley 2400 device to my computer using an RS232 cable. I installed all drivers (RS232, Keithley etc.) and build a program (ReadValues.vi) in Labview 2015 which should be able to obtain the data I want. At first however I got an error (1073807346) which I solved by changing the terminator from <CR> to <CR+LF>, as was mentioned in a different topic. Now however, I receive the following error: 

Error 85 occurred at Scan From String (arg 1) in Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Error Query.vi->Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Reset.vi->Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Keithley 24XX ReadValues.vi

Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: Scan failed. The input string does not contain data in the expected format.

As told in the error message there is something wrong with an input argument in Error Query.vi and I tried to find and solve it, but since I'm a new user with Labview product I don't have any idea at all how to solve it. I have attached all 3 script which are mentioned, hopefully someone can help me.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,616 Views)

@Jeroen_Staal wrote:

Possible reason(s): LabVIEW: Scan failed. The input string does not contain data in the expected format.

Hi ,

Open NI MAX in your PC then under device and interface click on the instrument (in your case it is keithley) and select open visa test panel you will get a pop-up as shown in image below

visa.jpg

Now goto Input/Output in open visa test panel and click on Query you will get the device name that is returned by the corresponding keithley device.

Copy the Device name from the test panel.

now open your vi and make the below changes where ever needed.

keith.jpg

Now run your code, you wont get this error. hope this solves your quiery

Kudos Welcome 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (2).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,566 Views)