LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 85: The input string does not contain data in the expected format

Well I hope so.

Yes the provided software works with the supply, on my v1 / v1.5 I can change the Voltage and Current display on the GPD-2303S. But it was with an other configuration with "Voltage Setting" and "Current Setting" but these don't have an enable or disable output button. So for my v2 / v2.5 I am using the "Configuration Output" that regroup Current, Voltage and Output settings. So I need a Read Setting to change my Voltage, Current Settings. Unfortunatly it don't work.

I didn't tried with Hyperterminal or puTTy, I'll check for it to learn how it works. But yes the third party provided software work, all except the Read Setting.

- here is my v1

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,707 Views)

It looks like you've made some local changes to the driver files.

My copy has Configure Current and yours has Configure Current_CH_1.

There really should not be any need to edit the third party provided Drivers.

Maybe a reinstall is needed?

Definitely get a feel for how to talk to the power supply directly over a terminal program though. Once you understand how that works, getting it working in LabVIEW using VISA and Serial calls will be trivial.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,704 Views)

Yes, because the driver files like "Configure Voltage" do not indicate which are they, so if I input (12 V / 2 A) in Channel 1 (CH1) with this one it copy the same for Channel (CH2) in the program, So I was not able to check when I double-click, itwas looking like the datas I send were the same for both channels...

That's why I renamed it and created 2 Configure Voltage different, then it do not get mixed up the datas on the prog. So the difference is only the name.

I do not think that was bad to change it, I created 2 entity and it is more readable on the prog.

- Here are the VIs I renamed without the different versions If needed. (In Public Configure and in Datas, the original are here too)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,698 Views)

Hello,

I tried to change the driver VIs "Configure Voltage CH1 CH2" and "Configure Current CH1 CH2", I gave them the function to "ENABLE OUTPUT if T" and now I think it's working 😮

I can change the sets, and output it like I want, without error, but I am scared to try it on a card lol, is it retarded tried that worked, I know that's bad to change the driver VIs but I think now they are ok. Please check it.

- Here my version special: .vs1

- The VIs I edit are "Configure Voltage CH1 CH2" and "Configure Current CH1 CH2". It appears like it works I'm going to test it.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,689 Views)

Sorry for triple post, I can not test it, I can change only voltage when I run the output... So I have 0 A at Current, or it's only displaying it I don't know. It was probably a bad idea but it was a good try tho.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,684 Views)

Sorry, I'm a little confused about what the situation is now.

Have all your errors gone away?

Sounds like you're able to talk to the Supply now and change voltage.

Do you have a device connected? If you don't have anything connected to the supply, the supply will not push current.

Were you able to communicate with the supply using a terminal program?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,678 Views)

Yes, my errors are gone except 2 little error:

- When I start by an execute in continu it say "ID Query Error" something like that... But if I execute then execute in continu there is no problem.

- After a while I have some problem to change the value while execute in continu

- When my GPD-2303S is ON and detected for the first time it display an error of E/S

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,673 Views)

But it works perfectly. Just some error at start.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,671 Views)