LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 8 occurred at TDMS Open while running : Happens only when calling from dll

Hello All,

I am having one VI using which I generated a dll which I am calling from MS Visual Studio 2010.When I am calling the function using dll I am getting error.At the same time,from VI it works fine and I did not find any errors.Can anyone please help me in finding the cause for this error.

I am running this in a Windows 7 PC and NI Labview 2013 is installed.

Error screen is attached for reference.

Thanks,
Joms

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,256 Views)

So what are the security settings on the PC like?  I had a case once when I got this error, when one user on the PC generated the TDMS files, and another user tried to open them (while on the same PC in a shared folder).  The solution was we could manually change the permissions on the file, or I think we could get away with running the application as an administrator that went to go read the files.  You may also want to play around with UAC settings on the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,225 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried changing the UAC settings. But ,still I am getting the same error.

I am using the VI which is build in Labview 2011, but I am running the VI in Labview 2013.

Do you think this can cause this error?

Thanks,

Joms

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,182 Views)

@joms123 wrote:

I am using the VI which is build in Labview 2011, but I am running the VI in Labview 2013.

Do you think this can cause this error?

No the file format hasn't changed.  The only thing I'd try if you are conserned about that is to change the File Format Version which is an input to the Open TDMS function.  The version that was used to write the file, should be the same in attempting to read it.  Both 2011 and 2013 default to version 2.0, so unless someone changed the default when writing, this probably isn't your problem.  Is it possible you can post the code, or the TDMS file?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,166 Views)

Hi,

Somehow it got resolved when I started using different DAQ Device.

I am not sure what difference it made.

Thanks,

Joms

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,138 Views)