LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at open/create/replace file

Hello,

I have searched the forum and could not find any useful information regarding my problem, so hope you may shed some light. MyVI can create a new csv (text) file by using the time to name the file, so every time the new file will be created with a different name and file path is not a relative path. I can run the VI in both development environment and stand along executable without any problem. But

One of my colleagues  cannot run the executable exe on her machine because Error 7 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in xxxx.vi Possible reason: LabVIEW: File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.

My question is why only she cannot run this exe on her machine. I have checked a few different PC in my office and all of them can run this exe without problem, so I am pretty sure the code is fine.

I have already ask her to do,

1. Run the executable as administrator
  2. Save the new file to other drives (not C: drive)

but she still cannot run the executable. I dont think this is a premission issue, otherwise, LabVIEW would give a different error, Error 8 I believe.

Both her PC and my PC is running Windows 7 professional 64-bit. The only difference I can see is that she is based in US and I am based Australia. Does anyone have any idea? Please help.

Thanks,

Sherman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,865 Views)

As some feedback I have had this before when, in LabVIEW, attempting to create a file that did not have rights to the folder path eg. root of C drive. There was no LabVIEW error indicating a permissions issue - the request was simply denied and Error 7 resulted from the File function.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,840 Views)

I’m not sure but expecting like below,

1. As you said, your creating file name with Time. Make sure file name is correct and there is no special characters (like, / or : ). If your formatting time to string with “Format Date/Time String.vi” (while creating file name), based on UTC format, string will change.

UTC format specifies if the output string is in Universal Time or in the configured time zone for the computer. If TRUE, date/time string is in Universal Time. The default is FALSE.

1. Make sure you have access rights to create files into mentioned folder. Try to create new file manually.
Munna
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,806 Views)

It seems the problem has been solved but I don't know why. I built a new executable exe file with changing the operation to 'create' to Open/Create/replace file.vi and it works fine for now. The operation was 'open or create', this should not be a matter becasue 'open or create' operation will create a new file if the file does not exist. Maybe the problem is not even relavent to LabVIEW at all. Anyway, thanks for all you input.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,775 Views)