LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 - File path - How to tell which path?

Solved!
Go to solution

You could do a text search to try to find the name of the file that isn't being found.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(714 Views)

Here's what I ended up doing:

Put about a gabillion probes on different case structures that had file references in them.  Hit run (normal speed) and counted loop iterations of all 8 main loops.  They stopped at the second iteration.  If I hit continue on the error, one loop would run like crazy while another error threw...  8 clicks of Continue and they were all running.

There are two case structures in each that have file references in them, so I case-structured out 7 of the 8 main loops and ran the one slow with highlight execution - it stopped when it got to the second case structure.  In it was a subvi, in a subvi, which had a file reference that was one character off -- and that reference had been copied 8 times.

Long story short, I need to go back and put in some error handling in this thing, but the highlight execution and probes really helped.  I was hoping for a quick and easy 'click here for verbose logging' like Windows, but it worked.

Thanks all.

(704 Views)

This sounds like a situation where a breakpoint or conditional probe might have been more useful. They would allow the program to run at full speed until execution reaches a certain point (breakpoint) or a particular condition is met on a value (error boolean = True). The program pauses, you turn on highlight execution then let it resume.

Hardcoding file paths can have its drawbacks also, as you discovered.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(703 Views)

Just glad you were able to hunt it down.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(692 Views)