From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 66 : TCP Read

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello to everyone,

I need to communicate with an automat to send it a stop information. This stop information is provide by various sensors that are communicating with Labview. My problem is when I launch my VI, it stopped after 30 seconds with the error code 66. You can see attached a screenshot of the error and my VI. This error only appears when I use a while loop, if I use the run continuously button the error does not appear.

As a beginner I really don't know the origin of this error. I only know the fact that it can be linked to time respons between the automat and my computer.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Baptiste

The model of the automat is a Pro-Face LM 4301

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bapt63

It looks like something is being constantly opened and closed.  You really should not do that.  You should initialize once before the loop and close once after the loop.

That error specifically states that the instrument has closed its connection.  Are you doing something to tell it to disconnect?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(7,307 Views)

Thank you for your answer,

I'm working on my VI to initialize before and close after the loop.

For your second remark I don't tell my automat to disconect, I just send it the number 2 wich means to stop the rotation of a brushless engine, but not to disconect the automat.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,278 Views)

Sorry for the double post,

I try to initialize before and close after the loop and it look like it's working. I make it run 10 minutes, so I supposed my problem is solved, thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,271 Views)

The code is written with an undergrad in our lab about 7 years ago. I have no knowledge or experience of LabVIEW.

I just performed some experiments with the machine, and suddenly got the ERROR-66 from nowhere. 

The IT department check my PC and FPGA network connection and they confirmed that all good from that side. They said the error is becasue of the PC—FPGA connection. 

However the code worked well for a couple of months, I think now one of my PC or FPGA are slow, so they cannot shake hands, and consequently the code assumes that as "peer closed connection". I have attached all the diagram of my Main.vi. Please tell me what would be the first step of debugging the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,400 Views)

For reference: the crosspost you tacked onto a thread too, over on Lavag: https://lavag.org/topic/13678-tcpip-error-code-66/

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,390 Views)