LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -61207 and DiagramReset did not clear within the timeout period.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Just getting started with FPGA programming and trying to get my NI-9155 and NI-9223 to capture some simple analogue voltages.

After compiling the NI9223 Getting Started (FPGA) VI to my NI-9155 with NI-9223 I get the following error messages:

LabVIEW FPGA: Internal error: DiagramReset did not clear within the timeout period.
Please contact National Instruments Technical Support at ni.com/support.
Error -61207 occurred at niLvFpga_Open_NI 9155.vi

I have tried restarting both Host and Chassis and also reset FPGA but continue to get this error message.
I am running LabVIEW 2012 SP1 on a Dell Inspiron 1520 (Intel Celeron 540 @ 1.86GHz and 3574MB RAM and Windows Vista Home Basic.

I have run on another Laptop (Dell Dimension M6700) and do not get this error, and the project works fine.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,026 Views)
Hi Bob,

Thanks for getting in contact. I've had a look at the error code and the attached image. There may be a few reasons for the cause of the error, so I'll provide a few possible trouble shooting steps.

1. Would you kindly double check that LabVIEW FPGA is installed on Dell Inspiron computer. Go to START>>ALL PROGRAMS>>NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS>>NI LICENSE MANAGER. This should open up the license manager and on the left side there be an open to expand the version of LabVIEW you have, it will most likely say LABVIEW 2012. There should then be an option to expand MODULES, and under that should be the FPGA MODULE with a green box next to it.

2. Would you kindly also check the "Getting Started (Host)" VI, specifically the block diagram and the "Open FPGA Reference" to make sure it is referencing a VI, rather than being an empty box. If you are unfamiliar with LabVIEW, I'd be happy to look at the block diagram myself if you could send me a screen shot.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Soloman
Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,966 Views)

Soloman,

many thanks for getting back to me. I have attached a zip file which contains a pdf that describes the process I have taken to run this particular example and a copy of the xilinx log for the FPGA compile.

Since I posted my original message, I have taken LabVIEW 2012 off the Inspiron 1520 and loaded the evaluation version of LabVIEW 2014 instead; unfortunately I still get the same errors.

Many thanks for your assistance

Kind regards

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,956 Views)
Hey Bob,

Thanks for the PDF it was extremely useful. I have a look through your steps and can't seem to find any issue, which makes me think it may be a hardware issue. Have you since tried to run the VI again on your Dell Dimension M6700, to see if the error resumed?

If you have, I would also suggest to update the RIO drivers on your Dell Inspiron, the drivers can be found here:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-14.0.1/4862/en/

Let me know, and we'll see what else we can do.

Thanks,

Soloman
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,942 Views)

Just a thought, but while LV 2012 is compatible with Vista Home Basic, are you sure the Xilinx tool-chain is?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,933 Views)

Hi Bob,

Have you tried using the working bitfile from the Dimension M6700 on the Inspiron system? If not, could you? You can select a particular bitfile by configuring the open node to use a bitfile instead of a VI.

I suspect the problem has more to do with the particular systems and their hardware, but it'd be helpful to rule out the bitfile.

Thanks,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,926 Views)

Soloman,

I have checked the Driver file and it was the same as the one I installed when I installed LabVIEW 2014.

Kind regards

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,919 Views)
Hi Bob,

Have you tried Sebastian's advice of using the bitfile instead of referencing the VI?

Thanks,

Soloman
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,854 Views)

Soloman,

I did have ago the other night and it didn't seem to make a difference, however I have had to leave the Dell which 'works' in the office this week so have not had a chance to make sure I am doing everything correctly. I hope to have another go this weekend and will let you know how I get on.

Kind regards

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BobS_8o65

Soloman,

I met with Adam Bakehouse (NI rep for Imperial College London) on Thursday and he suggested I look at installing Windows XP instead of Windows Vista. I have done this and everything seems to be working fine now. I realise that XP is no longer supported bu MIcrosoft, however this fix will enable me to proceed in the short term using my old Dell laptop.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,830 Views)