From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 61017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am compiling a LAbVIEW FPGA code for a IF-RIO FPGA.

The code is compiled on a remote PC and then ported to a controller mounted in the same NI chassis of the IF-RIO board (by manually transferringthe LabVIEW project files).

Unfortunately, when I try to run it, LabVIEW returns the error 61017 and says that I must recompile the code.

In the past I was able to perform this operation without any problem, but now I have to recompile the code. Notice that the controller is much slower than the remote PC and this is the reason why I do not compile the code directly on the controller.

Is it a bug? Or could I have written some FPGA code that is somewhat changing when I tranfer the files?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,483 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tommpogg

Hi tom,

also read this…

First workaround: In the FPGA-Open node select the compiled bitfile instead of the VI (or build specification).

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(6,479 Views)

Thank you GerdW, your workaround did the trick!

I have selected the compiled bitfile instead of the VI. The only problem is that I had to remove all the type definition controllers from the FPGA VI, since they were genereting an error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,456 Views)