From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 56 with TCP connection on SD6 Robotics Code

Hello all,

I'm a member of a 4 man team working on a superdroid 6 robot, and we are using the teleop example that is available through NI on the internet. We have been tweaking it, because we have always had some sort of error preventing its total execution. Our latest tweak was to try to swtich from a UDP to a TCP connection. We have done a highlight execution of our robot and host station VI's, and it seems the TCP connection is establishing correctly, but on our first TCP read on the RobotMain VI, we are receiving error 56, which states :

LabVIEW:  The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit.

We have messed around with wait times and nothing is seeming to help us avoid this error, which is causing more errors further in the program with the motor controllers (specifically, error 116). If anyone has worked with this code, or knows anything about setting up TCP connections and dealing with such errors, any help or input would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you!

-Marcy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,198 Views)

I want to add that we did test the example TCP server/client VI's and they threw the same error. I have disabled the firewall as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,197 Views)

Hi eephysicspaul, 

Please check the information provided in the link below, I think this explains the problem that you are experiencing. 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D90C4F99C1EF3F6A86256E4A0080A120

Let me know if this information was useful and whether you have any more questions related to this issue. 

Regards, 

Kendall Ruiz 

Applications Engineer 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,132 Views)