Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 56 localhost

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I'm fairly new in Labview.Smiley Wink

I'm trying to communicate 2 VI in the same computer using STM function. One VI are collecting the data via DAQmx, and send it over using STM function, while the other VI read the data from STM and plot the data in the waveform graph.

However, I got the problem on the very beginning of the program. The client always get an error on establishing connection with the server with error 56. I tried to change the port number, change the timeout, and check the available port using command prompt, and yet, the problem still appears. The current port I used is free and still not running. Is there any suggestion for my problem here?

Unbenannt1.PNG

Thank you!

Regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,901 Views)

Do you have the Server.vi running before you start the Client.vi?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,884 Views)

Hi Crossrulz!!

Thx for fast reply!

Yes, I do start the server first. I normally wait around 4-5 second before start the client.

When I start the Server, the server went well. But as soon as I start the Client, the server suddenly turn off, followed by the client as well.

Thx!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,869 Views)

Hi Stefan,

I know this article is based on communication between different computers, but I think it's worth reading through as there are some points that would apply to you as well.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D90C4F99C1EF3F6A86256E4A0080A120

Also, are you able to do this communication using one of the LabVIEW examples?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,826 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I read this article before, I tried to do their suggestions as well.

The example program is running perfectly, there are no problem until I add the Stop FGV in the system.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stefanusandika

Hi Stefan,

Why are you using the Stop FGV in the system?  You can stop parallel loops with just using a local variable: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/267704CDE91156D186256F6D00711AAE

The top example there describes how to do it. You shouldn't need to use Stop FGV.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,761 Views)

Hi gdrag!!

Good morning!

Thanks for your reply and input. I am currently working on it. I hope your suggestion work well!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,743 Views)