From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 505

Hi,  I have been experiencing with this "error 505 at dbtools close connection.vi". Although I am using 2 of them, the error is only due to one of them which I can say by my research. One connection is to MS Access, another one is to SQL. Error 505 is occuring towards MS access.

What the "open command object" exactly means??? What action I need to take to get rid off the above error??

Any updated version of comments??

Thanking you.

P.S: vi works fine, apart from throwing out the above error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,973 Views)
Also I am not getting the above error regularly or consecutively!! It occurs randomly.

Hope this info gives anything of use.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,968 Views)

Parny,

Error 505 is most likely popping up because when you close that connection something else wants to use it. That something else could be another VI, a sub VI or possibly another program. You may want to dive down into your code and see what else could be accessing the connection. If you find something, the use of semaphores may be helpful. Finally, the code may work just fine if you do not handle the error terminals of the close connection.vi.

Charlie M. CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,935 Views)

Hi all,

According to me error 505 will be generated  when the error generated during initial iterations will be overwritten by   no error in later iterations.

For example,

In my database i am inserting record by record to database with one column in table as primary key. If initially i am inserting existing record & later if i will insert the new record than final error code will be ERROR 505. In the first iteration i am inserting the already present record then becasue of primary key it will generate error. Later if i insert the new record than no error will be generated. So after completion of insertion of all records error 505 will be generated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 4 of 4
(3,351 Views)