LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -50405 occurred at DAQ Assistant - Labview 8.5

Dear All,

I have created a DAQmx Task for Acquiring digital signal in Labview 8.5. Using the DAQ assistant, I have added a physical channel Dev1/Port2/Lin7 of Device USB 6509. I have selected the acquisition mode as 1 sample(on demand). When I run this task I get an error -

(Error -50405 occurred at DAQ Assistant, Possible Reason(s):
No transfer is in progress because the transfer was aborted by the client. The operation could not be completed as specified.)

Can anyone tell me how to solve this error? I tried to change the I/O Line Pull from High to Low, but the error still persists.

If I change the Acquisition mode to any other mode than 1 sample(on demand. The DAQ assistant gives error

(Error -200077 occurred at DAQ Assistant, Possible Reason(s):
Measurements: Requested value is not a supported value for this property.
Property: SampTimingType, You Have Requested: Sample Clock, You Can Select: On Demand, Change Detection)

How can I set Change Detection mode?, I am not able to see it in the drop down list.

Thanks in Advance,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,859 Views)

Nick -

Regarding error 200077,

You can change de Sample Clock to "On Demand" in the Advanced Timming Tab

Regarding error 50405 -  It occurs when you are using a device plugged into a USB 2.0 host controller, and you unplug or insert a second device. In some cases your device stops responding and must be reset from the host, either interactively using MAX or programmatically using the driver.

To solve this problem try the following:

Reset the device from the driver (niScope_ResetDevice or DAQmxResetDevice).

Open Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and expand Devices and Interfaces to locate your device. Right-click the device in the list and select Reset Device.

Disconnect and reconnect your device from the system Reboot the system.

To verify that your NI USB device is now working, open Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and expand Devices and Interfaces. Then right-click your NI USB device and click Self Test.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards

Bruno Noronha

Bruno Noronha

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

Using LabVIEW 8.6
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,829 Views)

Hello Bruno,

Error 50405 is solved, thanks to your solution.I Resetted the Device, unplugged the device, then set on acquisition - on demand mode and could see that if connect high to the configured port, I could see the led turn ON on MAX screen. 

My task is to send and receive clock pulse from external microntroller for handshaking before I send or receive data from it. I thought i could use the change detection (rising/falling edge) for this purpose. But I cannot find "Change detection" in the selection list as seen in the below (Fig 1) from MAX. The documentation of USB 6509 says"You can program the NI USB-6509 to send an interrupt when a change occurs on any input line".Can you suggest how can I achieve the same? I am using Labview 8.5.

Fig 1:-

Timing Setting and Advanced Timing

Thanks for your support,

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,809 Views)

Nick - I wasn't able to see the picture you sent but I turned on my MAX and simulated a USB 6509 to give you the step by step. Your advanced Timing/Triggering is not done in MAX, it's done in the LabVIEW enviroment. MAX is used to test/simulate hardware. I'll list here the basic DAQ 101 steps, just to make sure I don't miss anything. I apologize if I state the obvious along the way.

1) the easiest way to set up your USB 6509 is through your DAQ Assistant. You'll find that here: Function Pallet>>Express>>Input>> DAQ Assistant Put one of these in your block diagram

2) A screen will pop up select acquire signal>>digital input>> Line input.

3) The next screen will automatically show any hardware that is capable of this function, in my case I only have the USB 6509. Select the channels you want to use. Click Finish (You can add or delete channels later if you need to).

4) To be able to acess the advanced timing section you will have to choose one of the following acquisition modes: - 1 sample (HW timmed) - N samples - Continuous Samples

5) Define the desired numbers of samples to read and/or Acquisition Rate

6) Now click on the Advanced Timing tab. here you will be able to change the sample clock to change directions and be able to configure which channels are rising edge and which are falling edge. Once you have configured everything click OK and LabVIEW will create your acquisition. If you configured a continuous acquisition LabVIEW will ask if you want LV to automatically put down a while loop for you.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!!!

Bruno

Message Edited by bnoronha on 01-29-2009 06:21 AM
Bruno Noronha

Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer

Using LabVIEW 8.6
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,785 Views)

hola estoy trabajando con un relay y con unas termocuplas, construi un bloque de acondicionamiento de senales para poder leer los valores correctos de temperatura y poder activar los relay y tienen un aislamiento, cuando corro mi programa, funciona muy bien, pero cuando le doy al boton de la barra de tareas el rojo de stop me sale este error y el relay se prende y apaga solo y la solucion que he hecho es desconectar la ni6008 

envio una foto de la pantalla, ya que no se cual es el error que me da con los relay es la img que dice error3 y adjuntare las img error 1 y error 2 que son las que ocurren aveces pero creo que es por la cantidad de datos que estoy tomando espero su respuesta muchas gracias

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,577 Views)