LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 50202

Hi!!, I have to Acquire 32 Channels of data with sampling rate 10k, I am new to labview, therefore I'm using DAQmx express and Write to Measurement File , the error is generated in the latter, There would be some way to resolve this error?. I have to sample for several days but the maximum  that lasts is 5 minutes, I have to come to think that is the amount of data, since  I am Taking data every 0.0001 seconds, and each file generated by Excel, is filled in about 6 seconds, not exceed the maximun 16 bit, somehow mange to store other data than using this express pallete?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,974 Views)

Try TDM-files b write your own binary format file

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,940 Views)

I am using this type , saved in TDMS file,  but I have a bunch of data and the file freezed  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,924 Views)

The DAQ Assistant Express VI is fine for simple tasks, and not bad for beginners who want to "get started" in doing simple DAQ Acquisition/Control.  You are trying to save 32 channels of data at 10KHz, or a third of a million samples per second.  If your samples are 16-bit integers, that's a (continuous) data stream of about 700 KB/second, or 2.8 MB/sec if you are saving Dbls.  This is certainly doable, but you might want to exercise some control over the data-writing process to ensure that it can run concurrently (in parallel) with the Data Acquisition.

This is certainly possible, and may even be do-able within the DAQ Assistant (I don't use this Express VI, so I am less aware of its true limitations).  However, we need to actually see (and be able to manipulate) your code to better advise you.

Please post the VI (or VIs -- if there are more than three, compress the folder that contains them and attach the resulting .ZIP file).

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,905 Views)