LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 5017

Hi guys!

Im new to LabVIEW and currently experimenting on a program using NI 6509 DIO. The problem is when i open my application, an error pops out stating Error 5017. Can anyone enlighten me on this one? By the way, Read HW Requirement is the first state of initialization in my project.

123.PNG

Thanks!

Angelo Alim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,674 Views)
An chance of getting a peek at the code? Also does this error occur when you open the VI, or when you run it?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,659 Views)
I don't remember any VI of that name. Where did it come from?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,647 Views)

It occurs when i run the exe file i created. But when i run only the VI from the project file, it does not return an error. anything in mind what is happening? what may cause this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,642 Views)

i created an entire project and this VI is included in this sir.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,641 Views)
What does that VI do? Did you create the VI? It sounds like something isn't getting included when you build the application.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,636 Views)

The VI uses DIO connected on switches as inputs and LEDs as outs. I use NI 6509 as my DIO. Yes. I created it. The project file is good, but then when i created my .exe file, the error then pops out. Anything in mind what is lacking?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,630 Views)
Are you running the exe on the same pc as your development? Why don't you attach an image of the subVI block diagram or VI itself?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,621 Views)

Does the computer you are running the executable on have DAQmx installed?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,596 Views)

Yes it does. Im thinking that I am lacking something in my included files. Anyways, thanks for your kind replies.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,586 Views)