From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 50103 while continuous acquiring and triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am acquiring data from 4 analog inputs ai0:3 ( voltage ) in a continuous mode, display the data  (charts and graphs) and stream the data to TDMS files in a consumer loop.

The same time I want to have the ability to save '' time windows'' of my acquisition. For example, I wanna be probing ai1:2 and when the voltage exceeds a certain value , i.e 0.5V, I can trigger with an analog reference and get a certain amount of samples (finite samples) after the trigger and before that ( pre- trigger samples). I am aware of how I can achieve that, a NI example is most helpful : http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4840 .

The problem is this : I do not want to stop the continuous acquisition which is already undergoing. If I try to start a new task ( somehow '' copy & paste '' the example) I get , as expected,  error -50103, "specified resource is reserved".

So, is there any way of achieving this task without having to bump into this resources reserving problem? And if there is not a way could you suggest a way to perform this pre-trigger and trigger sampling?

Please, find attached a snapshot of the code. I am using a PCI-6254 with two SCB-68.

Thank you very much and looking forward for you advice!!

Best regards,

Panos 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,083 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saloutios
Message 2 of 4
(3,044 Views)

muks wrote:
Have you seen this?

Hello muks,

Sorry for the delayed response. The information in this link were very useful. So, it seems to me that I must 'wrap' all the measurements I want to perform with those analog  channels into one single task in order to avoid the reserved resources problem. 

Thank you very much!

Panos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,953 Views)
Thanks for updating and glad it worked.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,946 Views)