cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 50103 while continuous acquiring and triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am acquiring data from 4 analog inputs ai0:3 ( voltage ) in a continuous mode, display the data  (charts and graphs) and stream the data to TDMS files in a consumer loop.

The same time I want to have the ability to save '' time windows'' of my acquisition. For example, I wanna be probing ai1:2 and when the voltage exceeds a certain value , i.e 0.5V, I can trigger with an analog reference and get a certain amount of samples (finite samples) after the trigger and before that ( pre- trigger samples). I am aware of how I can achieve that, a NI example is most helpful : http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4840 .

The problem is this : I do not want to stop the continuous acquisition which is already undergoing. If I try to start a new task ( somehow '' copy & paste '' the example) I get , as expected,  error -50103, "specified resource is reserved".

So, is there any way of achieving this task without having to bump into this resources reserving problem? And if there is not a way could you suggest a way to perform this pre-trigger and trigger sampling?

Please, find attached a snapshot of the code. I am using a PCI-6254 with two SCB-68.

Thank you very much and looking forward for you advice!!

Best regards,

Panos 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saloutios
Message 2 of 4
(3,046 Views)

muks wrote:
Have you seen this?

Hello muks,

Sorry for the delayed response. The information in this link were very useful. So, it seems to me that I must 'wrap' all the measurements I want to perform with those analog  channels into one single task in order to avoid the reserved resources problem. 

Thank you very much!

Panos

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,955 Views)
Thanks for updating and glad it worked.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,948 Views)