From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -50103 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:11

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using a Ni-6008 to run a thermal die and I am getting the error "Error -50103 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:11". I have read other discussion boards and this seems to combe because I am using the DAQmx assistant that doesn't properly clear the resource when finsihed. I dug further and saw that it is related to a timing issues for the onboard clock. However, I can figure out how to resolve this problem.

I was thinking that I would create some loop that constantly monitors the inputs and occasionally poll the memory so I don't mess up the clock. That is a lot harder to do than is sounds. Can anyone take a look at my code and give me some tips/suggestions to clean up the DAQmx assistants.

Thanks in Advance

Cole

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,166 Views)
The problem is always with the use of more than one DAQ Assistant. The only relation to timing is that you only have a single convert clock.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mrphud

I ended up splitting my resource between the two input channels by using a single DAQ assistant and dividing down the data rate and number of samples. Works fine now.

Big pain in the butt though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,142 Views)