cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 4810 occurred at Sound File Read Open.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am getting an 'Error 4810 occurred at Sound File Read Open.vi' for the attached wav file (plus many other wav files).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,354 Views)

Yes your wav file is not in standard wav file format. What kind of tool are you using. I took a look at your wav file in a hex editor. And the wav file header is wrong.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,343 Views)

Coq Rouge,

I picked up that wav file from somewhere many months before I finally added the ability to generate sounds from labview waveforms (2d arrays, ect) and wav files.  I am not able to track down the souce. 

It would be great to find some cut and paste labview code so I could convert mpg to wavefiles and easily play those as well?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author errante

What kind of Labview version do you use? Your file will play with old sound system. As this made robust. In your Labview install folder, locate the vi.lib folder. Inside this folder check if you can find a folder named sound. Locate the the lvsound.llb and open the "Snd Play Wave File.vi"

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 4 of 7
(8,335 Views)

Thanks!

Snd Play Wave File.vi (from LV7.1) works in LV8.6.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,329 Views)

Hello,

I was also getting the same error. But the weird thing is, it worked initally for some .wav files but later on stopped working. I could not understand this. 

Please Help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,523 Views)

This forum post is almost four years old. It would be best for you to post a new question on the forums and link to this post so that you can recieve help from the community quickly and effectivly. If you do not do that the community will not see it due to the post's age. Have a great day.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,488 Views)