cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -41110 in excel report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to make a test report for myDAQ. I want to make a report for a number of test in one excel file but separate worksheets. The first worksheet should contain the heading, time and date. while the second worksheet should contain table for result of test 1 and 3rd worksheet should contain table of results for test 2 and so on. But in the VI attached i receive an error # -41110 . Please help in this regard.

Best regards

Omer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(5,224 Views)

Are you using the VI to change which worksheet you are on? Can you attach for LV 2012?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(5,220 Views)

I have attached the 2012 version file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(5,215 Views)

That one is version 2013

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(5,211 Views)

Sorry...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(5,208 Views)

Ok, I see. You are using "Excel Get Worksheet" incorrectly. You should wire in an index or a name, not both. I see you are wiring in a template when you create the report. What you should do is format the template exactly how you want the report to look (with the correct worksheet names) and then once you add your data, save it to different location.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(5,203 Views)

Sorry Brother i didnt got your point.

I want to make a new report with the first work sheet containg the heading, date, time, and operator name while the next work sheets should contain the result table for each test. And at the end when i stop the report it should be saved.

Let say i check 10 myDAQs so the final report should have 11 sheets with the first sheet containing only heading, date, time, and operator name and the remaining should contain result table for each myDAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(5,200 Views)

You can format the entire Excel report before you even get to LabVIEW. This will be your "template" when you use the "Create New Report" VI.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(5,197 Views)

I am not that much familiar with template making. if you can give me some demo it would be very helpful.

and What if i want this to be done by a labVIEW not a built template.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(5,194 Views)

Here you can see how much simpler things become if you do the formatting in Excel, and not LabVIEW. This code is not meant to run, just illustrate the difference.

Excel Report.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(5,186 Views)