LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 404 causes Labview 2010 to crash but only occasionally

Hello,

I am requesting help to solve a problem with LabVIEW 2010 crashing.  I am new to this company and the last Labview developer left without providing
background on this problem. Labview crashes after running project VIs. Labview closes without warning or error messages. The project acquires data from pressure transducers, dP transducers, thermocouples, IEPE, load cells, and voltages through NI real-time system and has digital I/O. NI hardware includes PXI-1050 with modules 6221, 6280, 6224, 6220 and NI PXI-1052, SCXI-1306, SCXI-1112, SCXI-1520, and SCXI-1102. I've reviewed the labview program and the software relies heavily on shared variables, references, and local variables but I cannot find anything that stands out as a problem in the software .

The program crashed again today after running for only 1/2 hour and was not recording data. No error message occurred before the crash and the only error after restarting LabVIEW was the standard message that LabVIEW did not close properly. I went to the Event Viewer and at the time of the crash I received the following information:

Event ID = 3299

Source = LabVIEW

Log = Application

Level = Error

LabVIEW Information: Error 404 "Not found" for "/national instruments/ real-time execution trace toolkit/ 2.0/ trace receiveport", file "C:program files (x86)/ national instruments /shared/ ni webserver/ www/ national instruments/ real-time execution trace toolkit/ 2.0/ trace receiveport": Can't access URL

According to Event Viewer, this error 3299 occurred 15 times in the last 3 days. LabVIEW crashed today at 10:19 am at the same time this error 3299 occurred but LabVIEW did not crash the other times this error occurred in the last 3 days. I believe this error is related to the crash but does not usually cause the crash. It appears to me from reading the error message that the error is the result of occasional lose of communication with the real-time system (Can't find URL). Any suggestions how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,379 Views)

1. Have you had this code working before on this or another machine? 
2. Which operating system and version of LabVIEW are you running? (This can be found in Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> System) 
3. Which National Instruments Drivers are you using? (This can be found in the measurement an automation explorer under the software tab [a screenshot would be good])  

I would look into removing afsetup.exe which is a data collection tool provided by Microsoft which could a) not be installed correctly and/or b) trying to pull data from LabVIEW.  I think this may help you out, as even though your programs aren't explicitly calling it, the service is running in the background.

Secondly, I would look into stopping the NI Web Server application that could be polling a web page that's not needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,367 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

1. I am told the code always had this occasional crashing problem where LabVIEW just closes without error message. However, a sister company of ours uses the same project and same hardware and are not experiencing this crashing program.

2. Windows 7 and LabVIEW 2010 Development System.

3. ? . I'm not at the lab computer now to get this info. However, would be most update drivers that comes with LabVIEW 2010 deveopment system.

Checking the Event Viewer, I also get Event 1002, Application Hang "The program Labview.exe version 10.0.1.4004 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed." Task Catagory (101).

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,356 Views)

Are you the administrator of the computer? Does LV only crash with this project, or with other VIs/Projects? When does it crash (on startup, after running a short time, after running for a long time? Is there any third party software running when LabVIEW crashes that could possibly causing it to crash?

Okay, a couple of things I would try.

1. If possible, try stopping the web server. (might explain the 404 error)

2. If it is crashing/hanging on startup might check out this link, which suggest removing the LabVIEW.ini file.

3. Try repairing LabVIEW. (try this last as it can take a while). See link here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,346 Views)

I have admin rights. It only crashes with this project, not other projects. This project is the only one communicating with the real-time hardware. It usually takes several hours to crash, but it crashed after only 1/2 hour last Thursday. Sometimes it does not crash after running a full day. Program crashes about once every two weeks. There are no other programs running except LabVIEW 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,332 Views)

HI, Did you resolve your issue? My test rig is suferring similar occasional crashes logging error 404 only. Rig has run for several year before without incident. My setup is Labview 2011, PCI-MIO-16XE-50, SCXI1000, Window xp.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,034 Views)

Hello LisaJ,

Since this is an old thread, your post will get much more visibility within the community if you create a new thread with this question and explain what is done before/during the crash. When you get a crash, does LabVIEW prompt you to send in a crash report? If so, I would opt to send that in and post the title of your crash (it will look like a long chain of unintelligle letters and numbers) so that we can look it up on our end to see what it is pointing to.

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,015 Views)