LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 400 "Bad Request" for "deletetree", file "".

We supply the test equipment and software for one of vendors. Recently they started getting the BSOD when TestStand would start preparing the report. I asked them to search the event log and the following message corresponds with the time that Windows crashes: LabVIEW information: Error: 400 "Bad Request" for "deletetree", file "".

Anyone familiar with this?

thanks,

jvh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,979 Views)

jvh,

Would it be possible to get the complete log?  It would help put some context on the error.

Thanks,

Jen W

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,953 Views)

@jdubs wrote:

jvh,

Would it be possible to get the complete log?  It would help put some context on the error.

Thanks,

Jen W

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

ni.com/support

Jen,

The complete MS Event log? Nothing else was there in that time period but I will try to get it when they ship the machine back here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,927 Views)

Hi jvh,

The complete event log would be handy. Do update the forum when you get the machine back in your hands.

Sanjay C.
Embedded Software Product Manager| National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,908 Views)

We are having the same issue.

Got BSOD over the weekend on a lab PC, and when we looked at the event log, there were multiple labview messages dating back over one month.

machine is running windows 7 32 bit with labview 8.2

labview messages from event log attached as word doc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,835 Views)

Are you using on the fly reporting?

How long does a test usually run? How long does a test run when you experience the crash? How long does a test run when you do not experience the crash, or is it consistent?

If you monitor TestStand's Memory Usage, is it continually going up? Can you run Performance Monitor to record what TestStand's Memory Usage is at when it happens to crash? If you are not faimilar with this tool, you should be able to search and find a free download on the internet.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,816 Views)

I am having the same error in the event log. the user called me because his PC is running slow (i'm in MIS) i cleaned up the PC to get it moving again and the only error that would not go away is the Labview error (see below). i did notice he has 4 different versions of labview (.85, 8.6, 2009 and 2010) i am in the process of uninstalling them because the error, when it occurs, happens 3-5 times in a second and the PC slows down to a crawl. the only way to stop it so far is to stop the NI services but i did not investigate which one specifically. since i am uninstalling, i just stopped all NI services and went to the uninstaller. once the services are stopped, the PC speeds up and lets me work.

LabVIEW information: Error: 404 "Not Found" for "national instruments/ni-rpc/interface/eadfc80d-1e6f-425b-8986-12ccef98f646/ncalrpc", file "c:/program files/national instruments/shared/ni webserver/www/national instruments/ni-rpc/interface/eadfc80d-1e6f-425b-8986-12ccef98f646/ncalrpc": Can't access URL

He will probably need to install the last version of Labview so if there is a fix could you please let me know what that would me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. (event logs are attached)

Message 7 of 10
(3,554 Views)

my appologies, i copied a different error (getting so many) here is the deletetree error. it is in the event log i uploaded earlier.

LabVIEW information: Error: 400 "Bad Request" for "delete", file "": Unsupported protocol .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,553 Views)

Hi, does anyone have any updates to this error?  I am receiving the same things on my LabView custom instance.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,379 Views)

Hi Mike, 

There error you are receiving comes up every now and then and it seems to be a windows error related to HTTP. Here is a link that should give you more information about the deletetree in windows. 

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.directoryservices.directoryentry.deletetree.aspx

If you can explain the circumstances in which the error comes up we can take note of it. Unfortunately our R&D has not been able to consistently reproduce the problem using our products with Windows in order to come up with a solution to publish yet. Learning more from our customers experience will help us greatly. Thank you!

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,365 Views)