LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 363511 on web service deployment

I have a web service which  fails to deploy on an external server. I use installer to deploy the service to a Windows Server (2008 SP2). After installing everything else, installer tries to install the web service. That's when I get the error message attached. I tried running the installer on the development machine and it works just fine. I think installer should contain everything required. What else could be wrong?

LV 2015SP1
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,763 Views)

Same issue here. Were you able to resolve it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,598 Views)

It seems like this thread has been inactive for a while but I am now experiencing the same issue.

Has anyone been able to determine a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,446 Views)

Do you get any errors during the installation? If not - have you checked the windows event logs to see if the server can't start for some reason (e.g. the port is already in use). Can you open the NI Configuration web page (that allows you to configure the NI Application Web Server)? Can you see the service running in the windows 'Services' dialogue?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,418 Views)

I am having this issue as well. LabVIEW 2014.  I am able to run this on Win7 and Win8 machines (both have full LabVIEW development installed though).

I am able to connect to the configuration web page and the service is running in the windows service list.  Tried changing the port for the both the system and the application web server (3582 and 8082 repectively) with no luck.  Everytime I install the web service and when it is being published it gives me the same error as listed by the original poster.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

Service Pack 1

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,308 Views)

Hi all,

This thread is a bit old but I believe I have some context for this issue in case anybody is still experiencing it.  The issue pertains to deploying a web service using an installer with versions of LabVIEW prior to LabVIEW 2015 and a Windows Server OS.  The problem is that Windows Server creates new folders on AppData\Local\Temp.  You may notice in your error screenshots an odd subfolder such as C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1.

The suggested workaround is to manually invoke the web service installer a second time to the correct path via the command prompt:

1.) Open the Command Prompt

2.) Change the directory to be the <path to the LabVIEW Runtime Engine>\LVWS

3.) Run the NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe on C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\<LVWS file name>

You can find at this link that CAR 490606 was fixed in LabVIEW 2015:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52697/en/

I hope this helps!

Michael Keane
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(3,208 Views)

No topic is ever too old. I´m installing a webserver using LV2014 and came across this issue. I did what @KeaneSenses said and it worked!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,229 Views)