From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 363507 - LV2016 Issues

Hi all,

I am having a familiar problem but also one that there doesn't seem to be a consistent solution to. Basically the problem is as is stated in this thread.

The problem is that since installing LV2016 on my development PC, the HTTPS POST Method that I was using to access a database has ceased to work in either of LV2016 or LV2014 which I am still using as my development version. I have tried all the usual fixes, swapping out the ca-bundle.crt for a different one, disable the verify server flag, uninstall LV2016.

None of which seem to have worked, considering that I have now reverted as much back to the original setup as I think is really possible I was wondering if there are any other solutions I should try before going through the process of uninstalling of my LV, purging as much of my computer as I can and reinstalling (and wasting several hours in the process) I figured I would see if there were any other suggestions for soluctions to this problem.

The problem does not seem to be on the database end as I can access it through both an browser POST command and also through the same program running LV2012 on a seperate PC.

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,689 Views)

Hi ogk.nz,

Force reinstalling LabVIEW 2014 will find and ensure that any components that LabVIEW 2016 may have overwritten are reverted to the 2014 components that you were using succesfully before. What specific error is popping up when you use any HTTPSPOST method? If you could post a snippet or call stack of the functions you're using, I can try reproducing the error to confirm whether it's related specifically to LabVIEW 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,558 Views)

Bump...
This thread is also about this issue,
I have just upgraded from 2015 SP0 to 2016 and this snippet will work in 2015 but not in 2016, nor 2015 after installation of 2016.

Error36507.png

Fix was to uninstall all LabVIEW and reinstall 2015. 😞

Bjarke Dahl-Madsen - CLA,CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,339 Views)

Hello Bjarke,

I used your VI snippet in both LabVIEW 2015 and LAbVIEW 2016. I was getting the same error 363507 in both versions. However, when I tried using another site URL, like Google or Yahoo. I was able to connect in both versions. Can you try changing the URL just to make sure that the error is specific to this site?

Matt G.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,312 Views)

Did you try 2015 SP1 or SP0?

And installing 2016 after 2015 will produce the error in the snippet.

It WILL work on a clean install of 2015 SP0.

Bjarke Dahl-Madsen - CLA,CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,308 Views)

Hello Bjarke,

I tried with a fresh install of LabVIEW 2015 (not 2015 SP1) and recieved the same error. I'm thinking that this may have something to do with the security of the site, because I am able to use other URLs. I am going to escalate this tomorrow and see if I can get any more insight for you.

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,277 Views)

Apparently the file  C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\nicurl\ca-bundle.crt was updated in LabVIEW 2016 to not include certain root certificates that this specific server may still use. Most likely reasons for that:

The root certificate has been compromised and was revoked and consequently removed from all certificate stores in web browsers and also the OpenSSL root certificate store that the NI HTTPS VIs use.

The real problem here was actually likely the server which used a revoked root certificate and root certificates only get revoked when there was a breach of some sort of the CA that issues them. Basically the database server you used was not secure at all anymore despite using HTTPS.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,205 Views)