LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 33180 - controlling a solenoid with FieldPoint

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a LabView program to control a solenoid, giving it an input of 100 and 0 in adjacent panes of a flat sequence, using a FP Write (Polymorphic).vi  and a FieldPoint IO Point Constant for Measurement I/O.  In Measurement and Automation Explorer, I can manipulate the cFP-PWM-520 module, successfully giving it 0 and 100 inputs, but the solenoid does not click.  The solenoid physically works, as I have tested it before.  When the LabVIEW program reaches the solenoid part of the flat sequence, it stops at the FP Write vi and gives me a Error 33180 (The amount of data provided does not match the number of data items required or the number of channels to be addressed).  I don't understand what this means or how it pertains to the solenoid.  I have attached the program (LabVIEW 13).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,765 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ksinks

Hello ksinks,

It appears that you have defined 0 and 100 as the index of your array constant as opposed to the actual value within the array. on the array constant, the left field should stay as "0" if you are trying to pass in a single value (because arrays are zero indexed) and the grayed out value on the right should be defined as either 0 or 100 (or whatever value you want to be passed into it). Please give this a try and let me know if it works!

Erin D.
Message 2 of 3
(2,716 Views)

Thank you Erin, that is exactly right.  When I right clicked on the FP Write vi to create a constant in the Value input, it created an array and I wasn't paying attention.  By setting the array element to 0 and entering the value in the greyed out area on the right, I got it to work.  I have subsequently replaced the array with a floating point consant, to avoid confusion in the future.  Glad it was a simple solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,637 Views)