LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-33 building installer

I am done with a project and I am trying to build an installer for it. I have not been successful. I have all the files needed inside the project.  I tested it and run the main Vis and there's no error.  But when Im trying to build the installer, I select my source files and se the Additional installers to automatic selection  I get this error each time:

Forgive me if it's too long! can someone explain to me what that means.

CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi >> AB_CreateNewWizard_Invoke_CORE.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi

Loading product deployment information

*** Error: Input data from a source data file has errors. (Error code -33)
Error Details:
Error loading source distribution info for product 'NI .NET Framework 2.0 Language Pack x86 Installer' from registry.
Error in MDF::DistributionSourceCollection::LoadProductSourceFromNISysInfo
Could not extrapolate product location on distribution because paths do not match
Path of part on distribution: Products\DotNet20langpack_x86_Installer\DotNet20x86langpack.msi
Path of part in product: DotNet20x86langpack\DotNet20x86langpack.msi
*** End Error Report

*** WARNING ***
Ignoring 'NI .NET Framework 2.0 Language Pack x86 Installer' because there is an error in this product's installation data. Updating, repairing, or reinstalling the product may resolve this issue.

Error Details:
Error loading source distribution info for product 'NI .NET Framework 2.0 Language Pack x86 Installer' from registry.
Could not extrapolate product location on distribution because paths do not match
Path of part on distribution: Products\DotNet20langpack_x86_Installer\DotNet20x86langpack.msi
*** End Error Report

*** WARNING ***
Ignoring 'NI .NET Framework 2.0 Language Pack x86 Installer' because there is an error in this product's installation data. Updating, repairing, or reinstalling the product may resolve this issue.

Error Details:
*** End Error Report

*** WARNING ***

Adding files to installer
Validating...
Copying files...
Scanning files...
Updating files...
Build complete successfully.
Done adding files
Preparing to build deployment
Copying products from distributions

Error Details:
Error in MDF API function: _MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem
Error in MDF::DistributionSourceCollection::LoadDist
Path of part on distribution: Products\LabVIEW_RT_TraceToolkit_Support_90\LabV90\RTETT_LV_90.msi
Path of part in product: LabVIEW_RT_TraceToolkit_Support_90\RTETT_LV_90.msi
*** End Error Report

Done building deployment

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,185 Views)

Have you tried doing a repair on the .NET Framework Language Pack?

I seem to remember running into something like this where there was a bad version of the Language pack out there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,180 Views)

Thanks for the reply, is the good version on NI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,166 Views)

Hello,

This article might address the error:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D182D2D4B7780574862577EC006156D5

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,117 Views)

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately that did not work either. One thing I notice is that after I select the source files that I want to build the installer for, It asks me to select the additional installers though my additional installers tab is set to automatically select recommended installers. In the selection, I have choice to choose Labview 2013 Platform DVD 1 and National Instruments Device Drivers-August 2013. If I select any of them, It prompts to get locate and upload the media path which I don't know where to go get it. But when i insert the 2013 Platform DVD 1 in the PC, It doesnt ask for anything but the installation failed each time giving the error I posted above.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,063 Views)

In regards to needing to put in the CDs, LabVIEW will ask you to do so unless you actually transfer the installers to your computer.  When you install LabVIEW, it uses the installers on the CD to install to your machine.  It won't copy the installer files to your computer by default, as this would waste several GBs of space.  You would have to physically copy them from the disk or download them from ni.com/donwloads to get them on your desktop.  (This is true for any program, which is why you need installation disks to install or build installers unless you have the installer files on your computer.)

In regards to the error, which XML file in the link I posted previously matched yours?  Revision A or Revision B?  Can you please post the precise error with Revision A replacing your XML file and the precise error with Revision B replacing your XML file?  I would expect the file paths listed to be slightly different.

Could you also post the precise path of the "NI .NET Framework 2.0 Language Pack x86 Installer {F8ECD2D6-659C-49EB-8454-5F8F7B526FCF}.xml" file on your computer?  

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,041 Views)