LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 314004 when creating NetworkStream using the LabVIEW FPGA Waveform Acquisition Waveform and Logging -Template

Dear LabVIEW-Experts!

I am getting more and more frustrated when trying to take my first steps in the RT-FPGA world uisng the templates provided by NI...

After adapting the "FPGA Waveform Acquisition Waveform and Logging -Template!" to my hardware (NI9215) on a cRIO9022, compiled the FPGA.main and deployed "everthing" (including the RT-part) without error messages, the sample application does not run, because it seems the main vi can not connect to the RT:

UI-Error -314004 Create network Stream Writer Emdpoint in UI- Initiate Connection.vi ...

The template vi, I used, simply askes for the IP-adress, which I have taken from the project explorer. Within the project explorer I can connect to my cRIO9022 by right click the real time target --> connect. Typing in the same  IP I allways get the same error message. 

The cRIO is directly connected with my WinPC (Link-local IP Address). The firewall is deactivated. Does anybody have an idea where to look for to get it running?

Many thanks in advance,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,346 Views)

Hi Luke,

there is a very usefull tutorial about network streams. 
http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12267/en

Just take a look through the explained steps.

Regards,
Matijas 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,307 Views)

Did you ever get this figured out?  I am having the exact same issue... So much for the Template being easier..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,220 Views)

Sorry for the late response! I cleaned up the FPGA via ftp. Since than it worked... At least the compiling...

Good luck,

Luke

PS: Regarding the templates... For a beginner they are everything but easy to use. There are to complex. If you are not an experienced user, and if you are working under time constraints, there are not of any use at all. They would be helpful if they would be explained in more details, starting from the basics and building up - step by step - until they reach the complexity of the given templates.  This would be a huge improvement and drastically increase the usability of the TEMPLATES. 

Message 4 of 12
(6,206 Views)
Thanks man, I really appreciate the reply. I am under a time constraint, so I ended up scrapping the template and just starting from scratch. It's good to know that this forum gets answered though. I will definitely be using this forum for my issues in the future! Thanks again...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,197 Views)

Experiencing the same issues here. Although the template has a lot of good features in it, the fact it is hard to troupleshoot and find the problem does NOT make it a good template.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,088 Views)

I've had the same problem with this template... Finally got the deploy done without errors.  When I try to run UI Main.vi I get the same connection error as noted above:

UI Error -314004 - Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint in UI - Initiate Connection.vi->UI Main.vi

I've looked at the UI Main.vi and UI - Initiate Connection.vi and I don't see anything obvious about any provisos, or quid pro quo's... Indeed, the same error will be generated if the cRIO is powered off.

Anybody in the universe get this thing working?

Greg R.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,038 Views)

I had the same error crop up as I was making modifications to the UI main.vi.  Not sure if the cause was the same, but I realized I didn't have the RT main.vi running on the RT target.  With it running, the error disappeared.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,012 Views)

Hello,

I have the same error. Did someone find the solution?

I am able to connect to the cRIO (9074) in MAX, deploy the EXE in RT with no problems. But when I want to use UI Main.vi to connect to the RT, I get the same error.

I also looked at the source code and coud not find any errors.

I have tried different Network configurations

I am using:

Windows 7

Labview, RT, FPGA 2013 SP1

NI CompactRIO 13.1 - February 2014

Please Help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,830 Views)

In case anybody is still struggling with this.

Error -314004 of the Network Streams Error Codes happens because "LabVIEW could not create the endpoint within the timeout period. Ensure that you specify the URL of a remote endpoint with the reader url terminal of the Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint function or the writer url terminal of the Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint function."

This will happen if the RT Application is not running. In my case, I forgot to create a Config.xml on the RT target. That meant that an error (code 7) propagated from the Get Configuration Settings VI (probe [2]), which meant that the Message Dequeue VI outputed Exit on its output string (probe [1]), which meant that the RT application stopped. This happens first thing, which means that the Network Stream creator on the PC will timeout and throw the error discussed in this thread.

The error was solved by including the Config.xml on the RT target.

FPGA Waveform RT BD.png

I agree that the template is above beginner level, but I guess the point of it is not for it to be a tutorial but a starting point for a project. Nevertheless, I'm exploring the templates in search of good architecture ideas and practices. If you are not doing it already, you can use the Bookmark Manager (available through the View menu) to go through the annotations bookmarked with the #CodeRecommended tag. In fact, the issue I had was commented inside the Get Configuration Settings VI:

Get Configuration Settings BD.png

Message 10 of 12
(5,578 Views)