LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 3008 opening Excel template to insert table

I am trying to insert a table from labview into and excel sheet for plotting. I used one of the standard templates in the examples to successfully run "New Report.vi", inserted my table with "Excel Easy Table.vi", and viewed it with "Excel Bring to Front.vi". I then created the plot I want from the inserted table, and saved the resulting workbook as a template. However when I tried to run my program again using my new template (so my excel plot would be updated with the new data) it gave error3008:
Labview error 3008
Automation Interface for the specified class cannot be obtained.  Check if the automation refnum type is the correct class for this operation in Excel_Get_Range.vi->Excel_Insert_Table.vi->Append Numeric Table to Report.vi->Excel Easy Table (num).vi:1->MyInsertCells.vi

Can anyone help - is there some other way I should save the workbook I want to use as a template? or some other standard place it should be saved?
thanks
Fred Engel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,367 Views)

Fred,

There is an input named "display alerts?"   on the "New Report.vi" that defaults to False.   Wire it to a constant "True".  This will allow the Excel errors and warnings to pop up.  Message in the Excel popup should lead you to the answer.  Can you post your code?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,361 Views)