From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2705 during installation of LV RT 2012

We require LabVIEW runtime engine 2012 (32-bit) for our application.  One of our customers has reported issues installing this on a Windows 7 machine (64-bit, German edition).  They receive "Internal Error 2705. Directory" at the beginning of the installation. 

I've been able to find similar errors reported elsewhere, and they seem to relate to the naming of the "Program Files" directory in non-English language Windows (eg, http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/19CA3B8F15B4FB9386256DDA006DFED8).  However, I haven't been able to track down a solution to the issue, since the problem is occurring here for a standard National Instruments download (the Runtime Engine 2012). 

Have you come across this issue in the past?  Have you any suggestions that might allow us to install this Runtime Engine? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,252 Views)

Hi lvlimes,

Sorry to hear that you are receiving installation problems.

At what point in the installation is this occuring at? Is it possible that you have a later version of the RTE installed?

Also, it may be helpful if you post an image of the error to the community so we can better gauge your problem.

Kind regards,

Hashim Shamsi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,171 Views)

Thanks for the assistance.  The issue is happening with a customer, so I'm unsure of the precise details of their setup.  It is possible that they have a pre-existing RTE installed - I can enquire further if this is a likely source of the issue. 

I've attached a screenshot of the error.  It isn't something that we've seen on our internal testing. 

Please let me know if there are any particular tests that we can run, or troubleshooting that we should go through with our customer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,167 Views)

Hi lvlimes,

I noticed in your picture that the customer was downloading from a USB drive. Perhaps try running the installer from the NI Website. Here is a link for the 64 bit RTE:

http://www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-2012/3435/en/

It's possible that there is a corruption on the USB installation.

Kind regards,

Hashim Shamsi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,159 Views)