LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2519 LabVIEW could not load the TDMS file component

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings everyone, think title is pretty self-explainatory. I have already tried every solution proposed in the thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-2519-LabVIEW-could-not-load-the-TDMS-file-component/td-p/30583...

And I am still unable to load the component in LabView 32 bit. I am using the absolute barebones configuration, of TDMS open with a constant and nothing else. Here's some info I hope helps:

-Win7 machine

-LabView 2015

-Installed 32 and 64 bits versions

-64 bit version CAN run the TDMS component, but 32 bits can't. However I can't program in 64 bits LV since it doesn't recognize the 73xx pallete

-It is not installed in the default directory, since I have a 60GB SSD for OS, so it's installed in D:\National Instruments(x86) and D:\National Instruments respectively

-For some reason, a National Instruments folder was created in my HDD, and it contains a TDMS component that, when modified, disrupts operation of the 64 bit version.

Tried the NI installer, it blunty states no Software will be installed or deleted and gives me only the cancel option, installed VISA too, to no avail.

Anything else I should try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,298 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daikataro

I recently had this problem as well, along with 2 coworkers who had LabVIEW installed in 😧 instead of C:.  I found that you should be able to simply copy the contents of "D:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\TDMS" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\TDMS".    All I have in that folder is the tdms.dll file.  I got this to work with one coworker that way.  Didn't try it with the other.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(4,289 Views)

That did the trick! For a second I thought it didn't work, then I realized I hadn't created the "National Instruments" folder, so I did, copied the contents over and it works now. Thanks a lot.

Message 3 of 5
(4,276 Views)

Thanks, it works

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,969 Views)

thank you, it worked with me 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,792 Views)