From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2519 LabVIEW could not load the TDMS file component

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there, 

I have LabVIEW 2014 for Linux, and have successfully installed it on OpenSUSE 13.1 with no issues. 

The problem I am seeing is with TDMS, I have placed down and "Open TDMS" followed by "close TDMS" provided it my file path to my TMDS File and I see the following error:

TDMS Error.PNG

I have searched NI.com and google, and what I keep finding is the problem with cRIO. I am running a desktop version of Linux as mentioned above. 

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kevin

Message 1 of 31
(7,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author K.Ross

This error means either your installed TDMS library (libtdms.so) doesn't exist or corrupted/out-of-date. On linux desk, it should be at /usr/local/natinst/lib(lib64)/.

You can have a check on your linux desktop machine. If it doesn't exist run your install again and pay attention that you should type "yes" when promted to install TDMS.

Message 2 of 31
(7,473 Views)

Hey 

Thanks for getting in touch with me. I can confirm I have the TDMS components installed and in the correct location.

TDMS Location.PNG

I will try to reinstall my LabVIEW and see if that helps.

I have two systems that both are running the same version of Linux and I have the same issue on both systems. One is a physical system the other is a virtual machine replicating the physical system. 

Many Thanks

Message 3 of 31
(7,455 Views)

Hey, 

The advise worked

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375845a.pdf

I followed the instructions here and it came up with three components that where not installed TDMS was one of them. 

Installed and rebooted the system. TDMS functions are working fine now. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 31
(7,440 Views)

Hello!

I have the same issue. Working on LV15, windows.

I am now reduced to only trying to make LV create a TDMS file, which doesnt work either. 

Skjermbilde.JPG

I've tried:

- Installing TDMS Streaming PlugIn (link)

- Reinstaling LV (4 times)

- Cleaning registeries, whiping all NI folders inbetween reinstalls

- Running repairs on EVERYTHING 

- Installing everything possible from the installation dvd (appart from the robotics)  

Opening a TDMS created by another computer didnt work out (the other computer managed to open it after sending it back though.. so not corrupted). 

Note that this computer is not connected to any hardware (no cRio, no nothing), I'm just trying to open/create files. 

Oh, and I am able to open up the tdms files in excel. 

I need help... 

Message 5 of 31
(7,066 Views)

The -2519 error only means there's no TDMS component installed on your machine or the version of the component is not compatible with the LabVIEW (or other application). 

Please go to the directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\TDMS find tdms.dll and right click, choose properties -> details and find out the "Product version" field, which version of the dll on your machine?

Message 6 of 31
(7,052 Views)

Tnx for answering  Yongqing!

The version is 15.0.0 (I guess thats the same version), but for some weird reason the installation is fragmented: One part (with labview) is installed on \Program Files (x86) , and the rest is installed on \Program Files... and thats where the TDMS folder is. 

I have no clue to why this is, or how it got there, I certainly didnt ask for it to be installed like this. I've tried re-installing LV.... same results. How can I prevent this from happeneing? And do you think this is the sourve of my error?   

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(6,994 Views)

Hi Erik,

First of all, the version of the dll should be correct. And secondly, the behavior of the installation should be correct too. The reason why it installs 2 copies to the 2 different directories is that we need to support both 32-bit and 64-bit NI products. The directory \Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit and the other is for 64-bit.

If the problem of error -2519 is still there, then first please make sure which LabVIEW version you are running, 32-bit or 64-bit. And then, please go to the directories to make sure the TDMS component is the correct version.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(6,985 Views)

HI again!

Thank you so much for helping me!

I dunno what happened, before I saw your latest response I reinstalled everything (again). I had some residual files in my "app" folder that I cleared out before doing it (didnt see those the first times I re-installed). 

Now everything is running smoothly. 

I dont feel any smarter, but at least I can do my job now.

Thanks again Yongqing! 

Message 9 of 31
(6,966 Views)

Hi Erik!

I have same problem to you.

I have 2 TDMS folders in 32-bit and 64-bit.

Can you help me to sovle this in detail?

Thank you advance!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(6,787 Views)