Source code with this message.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(1,078 Views)

Hi RogerIsaksson,

thank you for the code.

Builds 2011.zip => still the same error (-229771)

Builds 2012.zip => still the same error (-229771)

Changed settings in the compiler, as you suggested =>still the same error (-229771)

My next step is to install LabVIEW 2012 on a XP System, include the Hardware and test it.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(1,063 Views)

Just a short update.

New computer with windows 7, labview 2012: The same error (229771)

The first computer, completly reinstalled windows 7 and switched back to labview 8.2.1: The same error (229771)

It seems so, that not labview is the problem but windows 7. In past I used windows xp with labview 8.2.1 and everything worked fine. Noticeable is, that the pull-down buttons to choose a daqmx channel (e.g. DEV1/Port0/Line0) in the compiled application do not work. If I click on them, nothing happens. Inside the development system I get a list of possible options.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(1,045 Views)

@MichaGue_01 wrote:

Just a short update.

The first computer, completly reinstalled windows 7 and switched back to labview 8.2.1: The same error (229771)

It seems so, that not labview is the problem but windows 7. In past I used windows xp with labview 8.2.1 and everything worked fine. Noticeable is, that the pull-down buttons to choose a daqmx channel (e.g. DEV1/Port0/Line0) in the compiled application do not work. If I click on them, nothing happens. Inside the development system I get a list of possible options.

Any ideas?

Michael

When you build the application in LV2012 and then directly quit LabVIEW, do you see the LabVIEW "error reporter" pop up?

If it does that, something is obviously causing warnings for the compiler and it should be investigated further, by perhaps a NI AE.

So I would issue a Service Request either calling NI or placing a support mail.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(1,043 Views)

@MichaGue_01 wrote:

Just a short update.

Any ideas?

Michael

Try replacing those "Modern" controls with "Classic" or "Silver".

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(1,041 Views)

I just did a short test.

I created a new VI where only the controls for choosing a daqmx channel are located and while loop with a stop button to keep the VI running. Included are all 3 styles of the button: modern, classic, silver

Inside the Development system I am able zu click on the controls and choose a channel out of the drop down menu.

Running the compiled application nothing happns by clicking on the controls - no drop down menu appears.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(1,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichaGue_01

SOLUTION!

Normally all my applications are stored on a network drive. I compile my VIs over the network drive and start the applications from there.

With the combination windows 7 and labview 8.2.1 / 2011 or 2012 it is not possible to run an application from a network drive. This results in the error 229771 or in not working drop down menus of daqmx controls. If I run windows xp as operating system running the application from the network drive works without any problems.

The solution with windows 7 is to copy the compiled application on the local harddisk => no problems anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(1,023 Views)

Perhaps NI can answer why it does not work running from a network drive?

A bug perhaps?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(1,015 Views)

NI germany is informed. They try to reproduce it.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(1,006 Views)