cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -229771 after compiling VI in application builder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I switched from LabVIEW 8.2.1 to LabVIEW 12.0f1. The installation runs on a clean windows 7 computer, only labview 12.0f1. My application from LabVIEW 8.2.1 runs well inside the development system. It seems to be 3 times slower than in LabVIEW 8.2.1, but that is not the problem at the moment.

After building an application with the application builder of labview 12.0f1, I get an error:

Error -229771 at DAQmx Start Task.vi

I know several pages about the error 229771 on ni.com. None of the solutins worked. The point, that the vi runs inside the development system, but not as an application, is noticeable.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve the prblem?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Michael

Message 1 of 29
(3,124 Views)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post. To clarify, could you tell me what version of DAQmx you are using? Have you tried a repair or perhaps reinstall of these drivers?

Thank you,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(3,114 Views)

Hello Eden_S,

I am using DAQmx 9.5.5f4. I haven't tried a reinstall or a repair at the moment.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 29
(3,096 Views)

Hi Michael,

First thing I would suggest is to update to the latest version of DAQmx drivers (9.6). You can download DAQmx 9.6 from here. Then we will take it from there.

Thank you,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(3,091 Views)

Hello Eden_S,

I updated the DAQmx to 9.6 - still the same problem. The VI runs inside the development system with no error. As an application I still get the error 229771.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29
(3,086 Views)

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify - are you getting this issue when attempting to run the application on a different computer to the development machine?

Thanks,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(3,084 Views)

Hi Eden_S,

i have not tested it on another computer yet, because it is very complex to get the same hardware in another computer. My first step is to turn of the virus protection with our system administrator. The computer runs "trend mircro office scan".

Maybe we will see any effects.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 29
(3,075 Views)

Hello,

I stopped the virusprotection (unloaded it) and tested the application - still the same problem. The VI runs inside the development system with no error. As an application I still get the error 229771.

Before I start to test the application on another computer (which is a bit complex). Does anyone has some more ideas?

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(3,063 Views)

Hi Michael,

I know you said in your initial post that you have tried the suggestions on a lot of the pages describing this error and have had no luck, but have you tried all of the steps here?

Namely, were DAQ drivers installed as administrator? NI config manager and NI device loader are running? Have you tried a MAX database cleanup? (described here).

Best regards,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 29
(3,057 Views)

@MichaGue_01 wrote:

Hello,

I switched from LabVIEW 8.2.1 to LabVIEW 12.0f1. The installation runs on a clean windows 7 computer, only labview 12.0f1. My application from LabVIEW 8.2.1 runs well inside the development system. It seems to be 3 times slower than in LabVIEW 8.2.1, but that is not the problem at the moment.

After building an application with the application builder of labview 12.0f1, I get an error:

Error -229771 at DAQmx Start Task.vi

I know several pages about the error 229771 on ni.com. None of the solutins worked. The point, that the vi runs inside the development system, but not as an application, is noticeable.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve the prblem?

Michael

Known issue with LV2012. Revert to LV2011 if possible.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Big-Performance-Degradation-in-LabVIEW-2012/td-p/2135926

Br, 

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(3,052 Views)