From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -224606 Possible reason Internal Software Error occurred in MIO software. Please contact National Instruments Support.

Hi,

It's been a long time since I've done a post.  The top posters seem to have changed.

We have some LabVIEW (2014) connected to an NI USB6001 running on a laptop in a zero degree celcius cool store.

The software stops and the error is:

Error -224606 Possible reason Internal Software Error occurred in MIO software. Please contact National Instruments Support.

Should I be ringing NI?  I cannot find that error number in my searches.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,117 Views)

What steps of debugging/solving did you perform up till now?

Does the error occur as soon as you try to access the device or only when performing a specific operation?

Afaik, the USB 6001 is an OEM product (read: unboxed). How is it mounted? Have you visually checked the device for damage?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,083 Views)

Thanks Norbert_B.  Food for thought.

Unfortunately the setup is 200km away.  I found instructions to test the machine in NI MAX and passed them on the the user. They have two USB-6001 and can do machine swapping etc.

I suspect hardware malfunction owing to condensation etc.  Just hard to see how it can turn up as an unknown error in sofware.

OurUSB-6001s came from NI already packaged.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,070 Views)