From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147352567 when using Save Report vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi DPac,

Great to hear that the solution worked! Race conditions can often cause problems and error wires are a very simple way of forcing execution; something useful to keep in mind.

All the best in the development of your application.

Best regards,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,613 Views)

Hi Eden,

Yes, I'll definitely keep that in mind. The software is being developed for a company and thus is commercially sensitive, so do you mind somehow removing the attached vi-s in this thread, if that is not too difficult for you?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
DPac

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,607 Views)

Hi DPac,

I have requested moderators to remove the attachments from the thread. They may, however, remove the entire thread, so please ensure you have all of the information you need saved elsewhere.

All the best,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,602 Views)

Hi Eden,

I have saved everything I needed, they are free to delete the thread. Thank you once again.

Regards,

DPac

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,589 Views)

Hello,

I have the same error message ( -2147352567) than DPac but the error is returned when the program tries to open an Excel document with the VI "New_Report.vi"

Here is the complete error message in french:  

"Nœud de propriété (arg 1) dans NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Excel_Open.vi->NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Excel Try Opening Excel Again.vi->NI_Excel.lvclass:new report subVI.vi->NI_report.lvclass:New Report.vi"

A.Colin

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,422 Views)

Hi.

I'm experiencing a problem with the excel report.
I see same error code when trying to create an excel report. The program stops when finds a cell with more than 8202 characters.

My application reads a folder with XLSX files, then open each one of them and copy the content to a new excel file.
I have tried other option to write this content to a new file but is really slower.

Does someone have had same problem?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,312 Views)

When I google "excel 8202 characters" I find it is not related to LabVIEW...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,289 Views)