cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147319779 Excel ActiveX and Broken LabVIEW Icon

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I'm getting the following error when tying to run a simple LabVIEW example using MS Excel and ActiveX...

Error -2147319779.png

It's a basic example located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb\Excel Macro Example.vi

I've never seen this error before and used to regularly use a suite of custom drivers for Excel that make use of the Excel ActiveX Automation classes.

It just so happens that I recenly updated LabVIEW from 2011SP1F1 to 2011SP1F2 so I'm not sure if the problem is with my LabVIEW install or with a change to MS Office.  As a result of that update my LabVIEW icon is broken in both the Windows Start Menu and on the Task Bar.

Broken LV Icon.png

Is anyone having any of these problems?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,064 Views)

Hi Steve,

Could you try and use the default Excel drivers to see if it works using them?

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,037 Views)

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'default Excel drivers'.  I was under the impression that any communication between LabVIEW and Excel must go through ActiveX.  Can you point me to the pallet of VI's you're referring to?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,029 Views)

Well, the error code clearly comes from the ActiveX component and is identified as "library not registered", which seems to indicate something got screwed up with the Excel COM objects. I would suggest a Google search of that error.

(5,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Electromecha

The problem turned out to be a microsoft update that was pushed to the PC which added MS Office 2010 components.

The following regisitry key needed to be deleted in order to get the ActiveX libraries to correctly register...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\1.7

(1.7 corresponds to office 2010, so I didn’t want anything higher than 1.6 which is for Office 2007).  The note in that key makes reference to excel v14.0 which is Office 2010.

Message 5 of 6
(4,992 Views)

This worked for me too.  The Automation Open node threw error -2147319779, but the Report Generation Toolkit threw error -41106 which linked to the solution KB.  See Why Do I Get Error -41106 When Creating an Excel Report with the New Report VI?

-Steve K

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,362 Views)