LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147023170 remote access

My client got the attaced error message while working with a Labview 2014 program. I have never seen this error in Labview and can't find any information about the error in the internet or in forums. Does anyone know what does it mean?

I attached the VI OpenXL_App.vi (I didn't find an error). Since yesterday everything works fine and I didn't change anything...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,644 Views)

Hi Susanne,

I took a look into your VI and the error message and saw, that you are using an invalid property for your ActiveX Automation as you can see in the help window for the property node.

The error is related to the following link:

ActiveX Calls Generate Error -2147023170 with Microsoft Excel - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/666386AA5FCAD23086256CED00810C23?OpenDocument

I hope this help for fixing this issue.

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,556 Views)

thanks. The client told me that they had network problems... The VI is from 2010, perhaps it has sth to do with the invalid property. I don't want to change this because it's working fine for one week without errors.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,548 Views)

Hi Susanne,

thank you  for your answer.

Could you please contact your client again, when they fixed the network issues, so we can be sure, that the issue is not caused by these issues.

Afterwards I would ask you to take a look into the VI on your side. Is there an invalid property in your help seen, too? It may be seen on my side because the I do not have the calling VIs.

If you see the invalid node too, please let me know, what  you are trying to do with this property node. Then I can take a look if the proterties name has changed or something similar.

Best regards,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,541 Views)

As I have already mentioned the network is working again, so the program is also working again. After they fixed the network, the program was and is still working. I'm not working with Labview at the moment because I have also other areas of responsibilities, so I won't change anything in the VIs. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,538 Views)