LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2146825235 occurred at Exception occured in DAO.DbEngine, Zu viele Client-Tasks

I wrote a VI in Labview 6.0 to read from an access databank, most of the time it wroks prperly but sometimes the error happens.

Could someone help me to fix this problem.

Thanks
H.A. Brosi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,721 Views)
Hi H.A. Brosi,

First, a couple of questions for you:
Are you referring to MS Access, and if so which version?
What mechanism are you using in LabVIEW, and where exactly do this error happen (which VI)?
What are you doing to the database when it happens, and does this error consistently happen?

Unfortunately I was not able to find any info in this error code, but if you can give us a better idea of what you are doing when you get this error then we'll try to help you out further.
-Sam F, DAQ Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,711 Views)
Hallo Sam F

Betriebssystem WIN2000
Access 2000
Mikrosoft DAO 3.6 Object Library Version 5.0

Every time if i read with the attached VI from the databank, i have after a while this or other errors.
If i run the main VI of this 3 attached VI's without the complete test software it does not make problems, but If it runs the complete project than it makes errors after a some DUT tests (50 to 500 times or more it works properly).

Could someone help me to fix this problem

Thanks
H.A. Brosi
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,709 Views)
Hello Hans,

Unfortunately I do not have the same database, but I can tell you that the error you are getting is not from LabVIEW but seems to be coming from MS Access, and therefore, as Janell R recommended, I suggest you check out their site. Apparently this is an issue with too many clients connecting. See this link

For future reference, please do not create multiple forum posts with the same topic.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,681 Views)

Hello

I have allways problem with the Vi's i wrote, now i find out if i run only the vi's i don't have Problems.

If i call the vi from a main vi, than i have problems with the memory, every time i call the vi's, it needs more and more Memory.

I guess this is the reason why the error happens.

How could i fix this memory problem?

regards

H.A. Brosi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,623 Views)
Hi habrosi,

If each time you call this subVI from the main VI it is taking up more memory, then it sounds like you have made this VI re-entrant. What this does is allocate more memory space for the VI each time it is called and have a separate copy of it running. If you would like the VI not to be re-entrant (that is, only one copy can be running at a time), then you should go in to the VI properties (File»VI Properties).  Select the "Execution" category. Then, uncheck the box that says, "Re-entrant execution."

Kind regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,609 Views)

Hello Sam F

I did not select the re-entrant box at the 3 vi's, what is if i select the box allow debuging?

It any thing else, that could do that problem.

Please check my vi's.

Thanks

H.A. Brosi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,603 Views)

Sorry

here the new vi's

regards

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,602 Views)
Habrosi-

It sounds like you have a memory leak somehwere in your program. I would suggest using Highlight execution and Vi profiler to see where the memory is getting allocated. There's some good information on using the VI profiler here:
http://ae.natinst.com/operations/ae/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/D828A0CA676E81498625718E00527C32?OpenDocument

Regards

Xaq
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,586 Views)
Have you made sure that you do close any ActiveX reference and other refnum that you open anywhere? This is the most common roblem when memory seems to climb with each execution of a subVI. REfnums are resources that hold to a certain amount of memory (and sometimes whole instances of applications) and if you create them (Open xxxx, Create xxxx, Obtain xxxxx functions) you need to make sure to always close them afterwards.
Otherwise the memory will accumulate and while in the context of your application you do seem to have a memory leak it is not even a real memory leak as far as LabVIEW is concerned since LabVIEW simply does what you told it to do.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,580 Views)