LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2146822260 Set Footer Word Report

As it says in the title I am using LV 7.1 with Report Generation Toolkit.

I am trying to set the footer of the document.  I am using a ReportTemplate.doc with bookmarks from 3 items - they are working correctly, and all the other information I am adding to the document is formatting.

When I try to Set Footer and simply feed it text into Center Footer Text it returns

Exception occurred in Microsoft Word, The range cannot be deleted.. Help Path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\1033\wdmain11.chm and context 25508 in Word_Insert_Footer.vi -> Set Report Footer Text.vi -> “My vi” 

Error Code -2146822260

Any clue as to why?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,796 Views)

Hi Ryan,

I have not seen this problem before.  Can you attach a simple VI that demonstrates the problem?  Also, what version of the Report Generation Toolkit are you using, and what version of Office are you using?

Let me know,
-D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,796 Views)
Report Toolkit 1.1.1

It must be something with the document I am using because when I remove the template.doc input and just use a "new" Word document it works fine.

I'm going to try either fixing the template doc or creating a new one.  I'll let you know.

EDIT:

Checked the footer range of the Document and somehow a blank one-line table was saved in that location.  Deleted it and now everything is working.

Message Edited by RVallieu on 04-20-2006 08:46 AM

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,787 Views)

Glad to hear it...let me know if you have any additional problems.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,780 Views)

Hello,

When I was creating sample report with header , Footer and title, it shows error with id : -2147417846  and some messages.

Could you please guide me how to nullify this error message.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,226 Views)

shree_bala a écrit :

Hello,

When I was creating sample report with header , Footer and title, it shows error with id : -2147417846  and some messages.

Could you please guide me how to nullify this error message.

Well, the message said the application is busy. There is not much to say without seeing your code. Is there a dialog window open waiting for user action?

Ben64

Message 6 of 11
(3,192 Views)

This is the snapshot of the dialog  box which i get it while running the program

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,157 Views)

Post your vi.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,140 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,113 Views)

It's working well on my PC (LV 2015, Office 2010, Win7). What versions of LabVIEW, Word and what OS are you using?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,098 Views)