LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200609 occurred at DAQmx Write: Selected Buffer Size Too Small

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I'm writing some simple test VI's that I will eventually build upon to make an externally clocked analog output VI. I started with a very simple program to output finite samples using the onboard clock with the DAQmx Timing.VI. When I run the program, I almost immediately get an error. The error message is below.

Error -200609 occurred at DAQmx Write (Analog DBL 1Chan 1Samp).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

Generation cannot be started, because the selected buffer size is too small.

Increase the buffer size.

Conflicting Property
Property: Output.BufSize
Corresponding Value: 1
Minimum Supported Value: 2

Task Name: _unnamedTask<1C>

I have used DAQmx VI's before in similar applications and never encountered this error. Additionally, I read at the link below that DAQmx Timing.VI should be generating the buffer automatically. Any ideas as what could be causing this?

Specs:

Windows 7

Labview 2012

PCIe-6353 as DAQ board

Below is a picture of my block diagram and the VI is attachedFiniteSamplesTestBlockDiagram.PNG.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,170 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EBPhysics

Oops. Just realized my very silly mistake: I forgot to add the Start Task VI. I did so and it works as designed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,167 Views)

Could you specify where did you add the DAQmx Start VI?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,271 Views)

Hi,

This is 2 years old thread and the original poster last visited this forum on 2015 and hope you MAY not get any reply from him. Hence kindly create a new topic and give more details. Are you getting the same error what the original poster mentioned?

Mathan

Message 4 of 7
(3,257 Views)

Hi Mathan, 

Thank you for your kind reminder about the original post. 

Yes, I keep getting the same error. I have a USB6001 DAQ. I would like to have two synchronous analog signal from my DAQ (AO0 and AO1).  I was able to generate the generate the signal but having issues for taking it out from the DAQ port. 

In this VI, as a first step I'm trying to get one signal from one of the AO.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,220 Views)

Hi Mathan, 

I just created a new topic under the title of  "Error -200609 occurred at DAQmx Write: Selected Buffer Size Too Small".

Thanks for your help in advance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,211 Views)

continue here!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,205 Views)