LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200478 - Specified operation cannot be performed when there are no channels in the task

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing a task in NiDaqmx to read 8 thermocouples from 2 NI 9222 and 4 thermocouples from a NI 9223 modules. Under CJC Source I have entered channel and specified a K-type thermocouple connected to a NI 9219. All modules are located in the same cDAQ9178 chassis.

I get the above error.

I add the CJC channel and it complains that I have duplicate readings of the same channel in the one task.

The environment where this will be installed will vary greatly thus setting the CJC to Constant is not a viable option.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,252 Views)

Here are some screenshots that may aid in the understanding of what I have configured

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,237 Views)

Greetings,

Is there any specific reason why you are using NI 9222 and NI 9223 modules to read your thermocouples?

If you have the option to use a NI 9213 (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/sl/nid/208788) module instead, it would be much easier (and cheaper).

The NI 9213 module can read 16 thermocouples at the same time and also has a built in CJC source, thus you would only use one module instead of four.

That being said I tried your configuration with simulated hardware in MAX and the task did run, but I didn't get any values out of it. I don't know if this is because of simulated hardware or there is another reason.

Unfortunately I don't have the 9222 and 9223 modules to test it with real hardware.

Attached is the VI I used (LV2010).

Best regards

Matej

/* A smart device is only as smart (stupid) as its programmer. */
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,236 Views)

I think the problem is that you put the NI9219 channel on the bottom of the list.

Try putting it on top so you read that channel first. I did the same in my VI.

Matej

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,229 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Le_Gross_Bill

Simple reason - we already own the NI 9222s and the NI 9223. I'll check the NI9213 prices and see if the group has the budget.

I looked at your program and compared it to mine. Tried to select the CJC channel as Temperature_12 but all local channels were greyed out. BUT I moved Temperature_12 up the order to the top as you had and Voila! it's available to be selected. I set all the 9222s and 9223 channels to to point to Temperature_12 and it saved without error.

So I'd say that putting the CJC channel as the first channel to read fixes the problem - this makes sense as the subsequent channels need a reading to use as their CJC. Where that logic breaks down is when you consider that the 9222 and 9223 channels are simultaneous channels but that is a topic for another post!

For now, thank you very much for your assistance.

Best regards,

Dean

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,227 Views)

Glad I could help.

Don't forget to mark your post as solved.

Best regards

Matej

Message 6 of 6
(4,223 Views)